Thread: What did you learn this week? Paintball Edition.

What did you learn this week? Paintball Edition.

So the famdamily has been gone since last Saturday which has opened up my paintball tinkering schedule considerably. Tackling a few projects this week and one of the reason I like paintball to be quite honest is the tinkering aspect of it and getting to use my noodle for something other than what I normally do. This past week was a plethora of experiences and I learned a few things. Thought I would share. (Yes I am REALLY FRIGGIN BORED)

1. When your PneuMag is acting all and everything seems correct, check your LPR O-rings. And maybe listen to someone that told you to check them 3 months ago and 5 tanks of air ago.

2. The large o-ring in the AGD on/off fits a WGP Tickler piston and will keep it from leaking and making your PneuMag acting all .

3. AKA Sidewinders are not as hard to take apart as they appear. Reading the instructions sober helps determine this.

4. The Middle section of an AKA Sidewinder is in fact aluminum and not SS despite the appearance.

5. The clear anodizing that AKA uses on the middle section of their old Sidewinders is near nuclear proof and requires up to 2 hours of stripping to come off and in the end is just easier to file off.

6. When you assemble an Automag and put air to it without a sear, it does very interesting things like going into full auto and ejecting the ram out of your MPA3.

7. Before posting up a question, you should read the instructions included on the parts you are asking a question about as it will most likely be there.

8. Nuke over on Custom Cockers is a standup guy.

9. Never sell your last power feed plug "because I hate powerfeeds" because you never know when you will buy a MicroMag with a powerfeed and no plug comes with it.

10. The allen head screws on a MicroMag powerfeed are an obscure size that will require you dig into your 30 year old Craftsman set sitting under your workbench to find.

So.. it's been a busy week and I probably forgot a few things. What else have any and all of you learned this week paintball related?
    Last edited by OPBN; 06-27-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Your #3 cracks me up. When my wife and kid are gone, I do multiple things I enjoy simultaneously to get maximum satisfaction. This often involves paintball tinkering, drinking, and listening to music. Needless to say mistakes get made after a few beers, and not too many leaks get fixed when the music is up too loud. Or, rather, I think they're fixed only to find out later that is not the case in a more quiet environment.

Anyways, it's probably been out there for a while, but I found this handy calculator this week. http://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/scubafills2.asp My friend has a new house with what he is describing as an orchard out back. He's having about a dozen guys over and thinks my single 80 cu ft 3000psi scuba is going to keep us going all day. Had to show him this page for him to realize we need to rent some extra tanks. It's not gonna be fun filling from 3 tanks with only one fill station.

-Nathan
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    This often involves paintball tinkering, drinking, and listening to music.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one....

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post

6. When you assemble an Automag and put air to it without a sear, it does very interesting things like going into full auto and ejecting the ram out of your MPA3.
    Found out about this one the hard way a few weeks ago.

Did you do the same thing I did, and try putting air to it 3 times to try and figure out how the heck your pneumag is RT'ing like CRAZY?!?!

Try a capped X valve, I sheared a pin in half!!!

9. Never sell your last power feed plug "because I hate powerfeeds" because you never know when you will buy a MicroMag with a powerfeed and no plug comes with it.
    OOPs don't know where it strolled off to but if I find it i'll drop it in the mail... I hate power feeds as well go direct
    Last edited by rukh013; 06-29-2013 at 11:36 PM.