Thread: Halo B V35 and single detent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Halo B V35 and single detent?

Anyone else here ever run into issues using a HaloB with a V35 chip on a single detent Mag? I have a HBV35 that I normally use with my dual detented Mags without issue. I get the ocassional dual feed, but usually only when RTing a lot. I did remember trying to use this some time back on one of my TL bodies and having some issues with double feeding, which seems to cause it to stop working and blink at me, etc. Last night I was trying to use it on a Pnuemag that I have with a single detent, and kept getting double feeds and the blinking lights on the Halo. When I switch to my nonV35 loader I didnt have the same issues. I tried using the detent with the thinner o-ring and screwing it in tighter, but it just doesn't seem to be able to keep it from happening. Anyone else ever notice this? I did turn the HBV35 down to the lowest feed setting, but still no dice. It locks up within a short time and breaks like crazy.

flashing red/green LED means batteries are low. change them and then try. you can also try to take some of the spring tension on the cone out, which would help with detent. also making sure that the detent is strong, would also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    flashing red/green LED means batteries are low. change them and then try. you can also try to take some of the spring tension on the cone out, which would help with detent. also making sure that the detent is strong, would also help.
    Brand new batteries straight out of a freshly opened pack. Tried the twin 9v pack and the 6 AA pack, happens with both. You can hear it start up, it feeds the balls and then makes a noise like its trying to push the balls and can't. Sometimes it will stack up fine, but as soon as you shoot, it starts double feeding and then shuts down. Not a clue how to take tension out of the cone. It doesnt do this with my 2 detent makers. The single detent works fine with the non V35 halo. Only break I got with that one what when I short stroked it trying to walk the trigger too fast.

Swap cone springs between your two loaders. Repeat your tests on the problematic marker. See if problem follows cone spring. If so, that's the stiffer spring, which has enough to push past one detent but not two.

Might also want to try each loader (starting with the one pushing harder) on all your various detents one at a time to see if detents vary in strength, as Nobody suggested. i.e. Does it push past one or more individual detents and not the other(s)?

I guess you could also swap motors or boards, whichever is easier for you. You've got a little DOE on your hands!

Does the v35 give a bps for the different speed settings, or is it just a relative slow, medium, fast, etc.? I ask because the slowest setting on the v35 might be faster (i.e. push harder) than the single setting (or current setting, if adjustable) on the non-v35 hopper.

-Nathan
    Last edited by nak81783; 06-28-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Oddly, I never sat and compared the two. One thing I am noticing is that on the V35, the cone does not spring back when you turn it counterclockwise, but does on the non-V35. Its like they are opposite. I wonder if I screwed up and put one back together wrong?

As for the speeds, I dont remember the exact numbers associated with the settings, but they are specific. I.E. one blink = 15bps, 2 blinks =20 bps etc.

Yeah. The hopper is assembled wrong. Without the spring tension, you're essentially direct driving the cone with the motor. Is this another case of reading directions while drinking? Get it assembled properly, and see if that resolves the issue.

Re-reading your post, did you mean clockwise (viewing through loading lid)?

-Nathan
    Last edited by nak81783; 06-28-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Clarification