Thread: Semi New to Mags... RT on a non-RT?

Question Semi New to Mags... RT on a non-RT?

Hello all, Im semi-new to mags Ive owned a minimag in the past but did not have it for very long, in the last week I bought a Mini tac-one off ebay and as i presumed I love it and my urge to tinker with it grows daily...anywho I took it out to test fire using both C02 and HPA (3k) at mid range pressure.. and to my surprise the trigger would bounce back, i could get 8-12 shots before the classic valve would need to catch up Im just curious is this normal to have trigger bounce on what i Think is a Non-RT? Picture of said Mini-tac below Thanks -Deviant
    Name:  $(KGrHqF,!qEFG0jFkZ1kBRtR37V)8!~~60_57.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  57.4 KBName:  $(KGrHqR,!q!FCqBBQnGWBRtR32(4+!~~60_57.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  52.0 KB

Check the on/off pin length and gap between the back of the trigger and trigger rod when pressurized.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...tomag-Level-10

Link will give you factory pin length. If it is shorter than specified for your particular valve, it can increase bounce.

The gap between trigger and trigger rod should be a credit card's thickness. I believe if it's more than that, it can increase bounce.

Check for worn sear or bolt lip.

Did the previous owner put a ULT in it? If so, and adjusted wrong, it can cause bounce.

There may be other factors, but I think these are first and foremost.

Are you trying to get bounce or solve it? I try to remove bounce on my Mags. Just my preference is all.

-Nathan
    Last edited by nak81783; 07-18-2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Removed invalid information
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I kinda like it, but at the same time I don't there is little to no control over when it happens... so im really not sure if I want to keep it this way.. but thanks for all the info greatly appreciated.