Thread: Dynaflow Rebuild and Lube?

Dynaflow Rebuild and Lube?

In the process of testing my new Q-Loader setup last night, the piston o-ring in my Dynaflow reg decides to crumble.... and then an on/off o-ring does the same. So I pull out my still factory sealed Centerflag rebuild kit... only to find that all of the urethane o-rings have aged to the point that they crumble when I try to install them.

I found the o-ring kit on oringmonkey.com but it looks like they are using Buna-n o-rings instead of urethane.

My concern is that the buna o-rings won't hold up as well in the dynamic seal areas in the reg.

Does anyone offer a rebuild kit that includes the proper urethane o-rings?

Alternatively, does anyone have a listing of the o-ring sizes in the Dynaflow? Then I can just order the proper orings from Mcmaster.

Also, what lube should I use in this thing? I found a pbnation thread while googling, that said centerflag used white lithium grease... can someone confirm this?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but my reg is the most recent generation of Dynaflow (the one with the removable rail)

I have a list of the sizes. Hit me up later tonight or tomorrow to remind me to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I have a list of the sizes. Hit me up later tonight or tomorrow to remind me to post them.
    That would be great! I'll send you a pm this evening.

Actually I need the specs too. My on/off on my Hyperflow 201 is not sealing anymore.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Just a side note, the o-ring off a RT regulator piston goes right onto the Dynaflow piston and works really good.

I just put 200 rounds through my mag with the Dynaflow running an Automag o-ring.

Seems to work well... +/- 4fps over the chrono.

Here it is...

Thank you, sir. Raided my automag parts kit for the o-rings. My 201 appears to be back up and running again.

Man that's going to suck when I have to replace that 012 in there though.

Actually, what is going to REALLY suck is when the reg seat goes. Im still trying to figure out where they got them and what they are made of. I was thinking of making a mold, but Im not that desperate yet

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Actually, what is going to REALLY suck is when the reg seat goes. Im still trying to figure out where they got them and what they are made of. I was thinking of making a mold, but Im not that desperate yet
    I was on the Internet Wayback Machine a few nights ago searching the captures of centerflagproducts.com and came across a parts breakdown somewhere in the process. The reg seat was labeled as a Kevlar reg seat or something to that effect.