Thread: body and valve weights?

body and valve weights?

All of the threads I'm finding are linked to the same dead link. So I'm just asking.

What are the weights of an X, rt (half al half as). And classic valve?
    And of a ule body and basic ss body?

Until now ive never had an issue with my classic rt weight. But after a 2 day scenario im thinking of ways to shed gear weight. So. I'm debating on making a light as possible gun for scenario duty. I'm not carrying less paint on the field. And I've got to have my water bladder. So gun weight is the only thing I can shed.

Anyone with the weights it would be much appreciated.

X = 8.55oz
    RT = 11.45 oz
    Classic = 15 oz*

* Only Classic I have has the large thumbwheel velocity adjuster.

Strange realization is that I do not have a stock ULE or SS body. Everything I own has been modded somehow.

But here is a comparison of a couple of setups:

Name:  ulemag.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  58.1 KB
    2.26 lbs with a DW Carbon Fibur barrel

Name:  Retro.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  45.7 KB
    2.84 lbs as pictured. Probably 2.9lbs or so with two more macros.

Name:  ultralight.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  50.6 KB
    IIRC, this one came in at something like 1.6lbs? Going from memory since I parted most of it out...

So really even with a DW CF barrel, ULE body with CF Insert and XvsRetro valve, we are really only talking maybe a 10 oz difference (which I'm not going to lie surprised me). But another thing that makes the Retro setup weigh more sometimes is when I use the 90CI tank with SHP reg which adds another 1/2 lb.

Out of curiosity, what is your complete setup?
    Last edited by OPBN; 07-29-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    All of the threads I'm finding are linked to the same dead link. So I'm just asking.

What are the weights of an X, rt (half al half as). And classic valve?
    And of a ule body and basic ss body?

Until now ive never had an issue with my classic rt weight. But after a 2 day scenario im thinking of ways to shed gear weight. So. I'm debating on making a light as possible gun for scenario duty. I'm not carrying less paint on the field. And I've got to have my water bladder. So gun weight is the only thing I can shed.

Anyone with the weights it would be much appreciated.
    XMT ULE Classic RT body. Lose the sight rail and the grip mount. ULE rail milling. DW carbon fiber grip. AGD carbon fiber frame.

OPBN. You gave me numbers to work with. My classic rt is just that. Has everything on it a classic rt came with. Except it has a y grip. Offset drop forward and a halo too. Normally use a 12 inch dye ultralite. And it has a 68 4500 flat line on it. This gun I'm not touching. Its heavy with easy weight savings to be had. But I like its look just as it is. the rt I'm picking up from Chicago in that massive paintball lot though. I'm thinking is gonna get the axe to its weight. Even contemplating a custom glastic y grip for it.

The suggestions that Boggs gave are pretty solid. I read quickly and missed that it was a Classic RT.

Got the noggin going a bit on this after I posted, and started thinking that I have never seen an AM/MM length Classic RT. In addition to ULE milling the rail and losing the foregrip rail and site rail, what about shortening the rail and body to AM/MM length? You could probably hit up XMT or Luke to do some creative milling and come up with something decent looking, but much lighter. I might have to start looking for a cheap RT Classic to fiddle with once I have some other projects cleared up, oh yeah and when I have some cash freed up.

I'm in the middle of a "featherweight" RT project. If stupid work would just let me work on mag stuff all day I'd have it done! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    I'm in the middle of a "featherweight" RT project. If stupid work would just let me work on mag stuff all day I'd have it done! LOL
    I KNOW RIGHT! Product of the man trying to hold us back.

Out of curiosity, what do you have planned for the rail? The air through aspect is what kind of threw me off. Was trying to figure out how to make something look good and still retain it. I'm also not all that familiar with the Classic RT's either. From my understanding, the rail is essentially the same as and RT Pro, but has the air channels?

Well my classic isn't getting touched. Not right now anyways. I fell in love with the look in 96 when they came out. And I still love it to this day with all its weight in useless junk. Had trouble bringing myself to even put the Y on it for looks reasons. But the Y is just so nice to use.

As for a feather light gun. It won't be my classic. But this pro I'm hopefully acquiring.... that may just be the the gun. Wife can use it for normal play. I'll take it for scenarios.

And yes. From what I could ever tell. A classic rail and a pro rail are the same minus the banjo bolt and air passages. I do t see any reason it couldn't be set up ule if someone wanted to.

xmt does offer ule milling, not sure if he offers doing it in the am/mm length though, but with his ule milling and his aluminum classic r/t bodies, you can keep all that sexy just like it is. Minus the powerfeed body of course.