Thread: Kwik175's Stormwalk Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kwik175's Stormwalk Project

Well it's been a while since I've had the desire to build another project. I stumbled up Need4Reebs sale thread where he had the Stormwalk frame and Phoenix body. I always considered the frame kind of cool, but yet it looked heavy and cumbersome. Something about it caught my eye but I just wasn't pleased with how it looked. I decided I wanted to clean it up a little and looked into getting some machine work done. Heres a pic of how it was when I received, bone stock:

I only wanted to remove the extra metal near the trigger and front LPR housing area. I also considered a new set of front panels to cover the extra air input hole.

I asked around with the airsmiths online and everyone was pretty tied up with other projects so I looked locally to me for a gunsmith. I found a guy not 20 minutes from me that agreed to cut out the piece for me. He used a manual mill to get as much as he could then he resorted to a hand file. He beveled the edges like the original was and tied it together nicely. It was just a small piece to remove but to me it cleaned up the look just right. With the piece left in there it just looked like a bridge support to me. I really like how it looks opened up. I haven't gotten new panels yet as it seems they are quite a bit of work to produce a one off pair. The local gunsmith was also busy but he had the part back to me in 10 days. Heres a pic:

And of course as it goes, while waiting for the frame to be done I started looking at the body and thought about having it milled also. I wanted the windows in the back over the top of the valve cut larger to expose more of the valve. Heres a pic to show what I wanted:

I sent the pics to CS900 from PBN. He agreed to cut the windows larger and I sent him the body. Within 3 days he got back to me with a CAD drawing for approval. Once I approved he made the cuts and shipped back to me. All this took only one week. Quite impressive turnaround time with great communication and quality work. More pics:

So here's how it sits now. It still needs to be sent out for some sort of finishing. I am contemplating several different ideas. I want something out of the ordinary to compliment the milling work that was done.

Really like what you did with the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Very cool! I really enjoyed the build thread. Taking on custom machine work is a pretty big gamble, but I really like what I see. By now people probably know who I would plug to do the anodizing job on it... I would pay the extra $$$ and have Stephen@CausticCustoms fix this one up. The way he polishes his parts really sets him above the rest.

I really like what you did with this.

I especially dig the large windows in the body!

I eyeballed that for a new build as well. Glad to see you got it. What you have done looks really great! Keep it coming...

That body is down right sick how you have it. I liked it before. But what you had done makes it stand out great. My only concern would be the bolt spring wearing that top area more now. Sure it will be fine. And you can watch the bolt move. Can't wait to see the finished product.

MOTY3
    That Hot Rod looks great with the hood off.