Thread: RainMan pump kits!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RainMan pump kits!

Apparently Rainman is doing a preorder for kits over on MCB and I missed the boat. Trying to get him to raise his run so if anyone is interested in a lot PLEASE go over and post up in the thread.

'SMACK!'

(Post a link)

I missed this too... I caught the part where he was considering it a few days ago but nothing beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    'SMACK!'

(Post a link)
    On my cell and its a PITA to do. Thanks Capt.

It's my understanding you haven't missed out on getting a mag pump kit, just the limited quantity of presale slots which are priced at a reduced rate. I believe he is doing a run of them and they will be for sale. He did the presale after many people were begging to get the project off the ground by footing some of the bill upfront with material cost. Therefore, he offered a presale to help offset the upfront cost of doing the project.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I asked if he would up the run too. Hope he makes more

He upped the quantity already...don't see why he wouldn't do it again? I may have someone else who may be interested in another pump kit also...

I posted up but no word if he is keeping spots open or making more slots available.

Wasn't he saying that he would reprogram the kit so that it would be easier to do smaller batches of them?

I'm in for X1. I've already posted on the original tread on MCB if he would be willing to expand the preorder

Looks like he added 10 more slots!!! Got mine..

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Looks like he added 10 more slots!!! Got mine..
    Thanks for the heads up! Got my spot on the preorder now

how do I pay ? where do I send the money?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    how do I pay ? where do I send the money?

http://www.rainman229.com/preorder.shtml

got it thanks.

Looks like Rainman is going to be making pump kits for Emag length rails after the run of AM/MM length pump kits At least that is my understanding. Not sure if this had been determined previously but I figured it might be of interest to some.

Well..... got my pump kit in today from Rainman and having some major bindage. I think there is an issue with the pump plate that fits up next to the rail. Think there was a mistake in the radiusing (term?). Rail does not sit exactly flush with plate. Only a MM or so, but seems to cause it to bind.

Well, that is not what I wanted to hear. Hope things get worked out.

Damn didn't know he was already shipping out...I'll find out if I have any issues.

so are these kits kinda messed up then. both of mine look like all the complaints here.
    whats next?

so are these kits kinda messed up then. both of mine look like all the complaints here.
    whats next?
    Not sure. So far all I have gotten is "your rail isn't milled as deep as mine are".

Just saw a post in MCB of someone else complaining that theirs is binding as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Not sure. So far all I have gotten is "your rail isn't milled as deep as mine are".

Just saw a post in MCB of someone else complaining that theirs is binding as well.
    this is unusual for rainman correct?

here ya go

The gap in between the rail and mount has been there since the first kit. It how ever does not cause any issues. I have tested a few kits and each have the same result
    zero binding.
    In the past i have seen more kits bind form the body and aa/mm rail then my kits.

Other binding issues Are i could of incorrectly curved the pump rod. That is an issue that can be corrected on your own.

Video shows 2 kits just put on rails and body's i just milled in the last hour. they show no binding or sticking
    Pump stroke on a kit should be less the .400 (bunch of people on the last run want them this we and i left it that way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eFMW0FSZzb4

If you want to send your kits back fine. But if i test it on my rail and body and work fine you will be charge the return shipping and it will be sent back.

If you want to send your complete mag and have it corrected that's fine. But you my be charged depending on whats found.

These kits were always intended for my milling. They always had issues with stock agd milling. Due to size of the pump rods.
    Last edited by captian pinky; 10-27-2013 at 11:30 PM.

whats next?
    I have not attempted to contact Rainman yet. Since I don't have a pump milled rail handy, I can't say with certainty whether mine is going to bind or not.

All functionality concerns aside, I can say that I'm not a fan of the mounting plate being visibly lopsided. I've also noticed that my pump handle isn't exactly concentric with the round plate that it mounts to. It's a very slight misalignment and something I'd be willing to let go, just curious if anyone else has noticed this? There's also a very slight flat spot on the edge of it, where it looks like he ran off the edge of his material with the part.

Frankly... with what I've heard about Rainman's work, I was expecting the quality to be a bit better.

Seems to me that Rainman ought to re make the mounting plates for us. What do you guys think?

ill check mine when they come in.

Interesting. I have one of his older pump kits but I haven't been able to test it as I don't yet have a pump milled rail.