Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RainMan pump kits!

Is there still a gap between the Armada rail and RM bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Is there still a gap between the Armada rail and RM bracket?
    Yes.

I'm going to take some time this afternoon and tear apart my other pump Mag to see if the kit binds in that rail.

honestly if mine comes with a .125 rod im going to pull it off and make my own. is not hard to do just requires a die and correct rod. im sure he did the .125 rod because its easier and cheaper to get. i believe the correct diameter is 3mm if i remember right.

did find these on my computer though

Name:  railpumpspecs.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  16.4 KBName:  pumpwire-800_zps959df269 (1).jpg
Views: 301
Size:  31.5 KB

Wouldn't you need to get a new back plate. If Rainman tapped them .125 how are you going to thread in a .110 rod. You'll either have to get a new plate or fill the hole then rethread it.

it will not be perfect but i do believe there is a range in which the threads work. but i might even try throwing it in a drill and sanding it until it worked. its been along day not sure if that made since.

and of course mine looks like crap. I listed the problems i saw with my kit below.

threads look like crap.

hole is not deburred.

oval is off center like everyone else.

handle mounted off center

anno blem

flat spots on the pump plate at the bottom.

not to mention this isn't even the same handle design he had before.

In checking mine closer, I do have the same issues described above. I consider the deburing and threading non issues. The other flaws in my case don't necessarily matter as I will be getting everything anodized again or it will be covered, but they are there.
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-30-2013 at 07:47 AM.

These are the new ones? Sucks but thanks for posting I was going to buy one but not now.

the threads are actually pretty rough on that rod and could have done a better job myself. the deburring was not really an issue but when i purchase something brand new i expect it to be complete and ready to bolt on. If it was in the description that i would have to rethread the rod,debur the hole, mount the handle correct etc. i might aswell have made my own kit. he sent me a message and told me to mail it back to him so hopefully he replaces it with a correctly machined one.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    and of course mine looks like crap. I listed the problems i saw with my kit below.
    Mine looks pretty much the same, except I don't have the anno blem.

My question is... why did these leave his shop in this condition?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    well here is a post of his pump kits that clearly show that there is no gap between tha rail pump kit mount...maybe that was before day one tho...haha...oh wait thats not possible??? my last Rainman229 pump kit didnt have a gap and it didnt have any binding issues on any rail that was used.
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/r...-thread-4.html

that little gap is most likely wats causing tha binding issues....and as quickly as yall put your money in his pocket to get him tha cashola to do this run...he should have no problem fixing a mistake. id be pissed!!!
    No my pump kit mounts exactly the same way ya'll is mounting I do have the gap just like the current ones.

I've had to adjust the rod externaly since the mount point on the plate and the slot for the rod are not perfectly aligned and it caused intermittent binding. Once I had my rod adjusted to go straight into the pump slot I have not had any issues for the last several years and its is my primary.

The gap isn't the issue the pump rod needs to be adjusted externally to line up with pump rod slot and the binding should disappear.

Notice the curve of the pump rod between the pump plate and rail.
    Name:  aac.sized.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  35.2 KB

The pic you posted is a gen 1 kit and that issue should have been fixed before this run.

mailed my kit back to him and he just refunded my money because he said he could not find a kit that suits my standards. not that they were that high just normal for purchasing a new part made by a machinist.

mailed my kit back to him and he just refunded my money because he said he could not find a kit that suits my standards. not that they were that high just normal for purchasing a new part made by a machinist.
    wait so now you wont have a pump kit??? thats a bummer man!!

nope not only was i the one that started the thread that lead to the pump kits being made. i sent all the people from pbnation and AOto him. i asked multiple times to purchase a new kit from him before there was even talk of him doing a run. when he had one kit left he wouldn't sell it to me and even called me a prick. i waited patiently for months( paid jun 20th) i get my kit that has issues and he said for me to mail it to him assuming he would replace it. then i got the refunds. needless to say i am done with rainman period.

nope not only was i the one that started the thread that lead to the pump kits being made. i sent all the people from pbnation and AOto him. i asked multiple times to purchase a new kit from him before there was even talk of him doing a run. when he had one kit left he wouldn't sell it to me and even called me a prick. i waited patiently for months( paid jun 20th) i get my kit that has issues and he said for me to mail it to him assuming he would replace it. then i got the refunds. needless to say i am done with rainman period.
    WoW!!! well there was talk about more CI kits being made...so maybe that will still happen?

post saying

can you explain please why i got the refund for the pump kit?

i thought i was sending it in to be replaced with one without issues?

was deleted twice now

Wow.

Anyone know where I can get an AGD pump kit? Or are there CADs available? (Other than the pump slot and pump rod CADS)

I asked him about the handles and this was his response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman229
    On the handle i had a 2 choices either leave the plates as they are ccm capable or modify them to meet my handles. I choice to leave them so they ccm handles could be used. Fixing my handles are not an option as the machines there run off on are not so great. But their the only ones i have with the room to do do the drilling. Plus on another note the cost of ccm handle went up to me. And gets expensive when i mess one up drilling them out. sorry my phantom kits have the same issue as well.
    I will say that he has been pretty helpful to me and has been answering any questions I've asked. I did have him mill my body/rail and everything is working good. Unfortunately due to him not using AGD specs I can't see to get my Armada rail to work.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Anyone know where I can get an AGD pump kit? Or are there CADs available? (Other than the pump slot and pump rod CADS)
    Somebody should send him an AGD kit. Then maybe we can get a Luke AGD pump kit.