Thread: Removing powerfeed from minimag body

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Removing powerfeed from minimag body

Hi, I am trying to remove the powerfeed from my minimag body but it looks like it welded or soldered on. Does anyone has any tips on removing the thing. Thanks in advance!

Its silver solder. The melting point is in the vicinity of 400 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the composition.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusokow View Post
    Hi, I am trying to remove the powerfeed from my minimag body but it looks like it welded or soldered on. Does anyone has any tips on removing the thing. Thanks in advance!
    yup take tha minimag body to work with ya and ask one of the machinists if the will take the power feed off and make it look purty?

Would it hurt anything if I put it in the oven? I don't have a torch?

I'd buy a butane lighter for $5 at a convenience store before I put it in an oven... They burn at about 430.

That or pick up a cheap torch kit at Cheapot Depot for for $15-$20 which you may get use from in the future.

Cool ill go get one if those tomorrow. Is the powerfeed suppose to just fall off or do I have to pull it off after it is heated?