Thread: Mag fed FS capable PumpMag?

Mag fed FS capable PumpMag?

Sitting here on vacation and pondering some things and realizing how cool this would be. I know there is the FN303 or whatever that could be considered an Automag since it utilizes what is essentially an AGD valve, but what I would love to see if something based off of a Tac1 body or similiar. I have limited experience with mag fed markers. I did convert a Tippmann 98 to accept pistol mags, but these type would not work for FS rounds. Anyone have thoughts on how to do this? Needs to be reasonable. Not looking to spend $1k on a custom milled piece.

My thoughts would be that the first thing to figure out is who makes a magazine that is FS and regular paint compatible and how best to attach it?

I was more thinking a setup like an old daisy pellet gun. You can run BBs or standard paintballs in there hopper all day long. But if you spend 10 seconds you can load a pellet. Or in this case fs round. Then switch back. Or maybe a kinda force stick fed 10 rounds of FS. But quickly go back to normal.

If I had a spare body laying around I would play with this. I've got an idea. But no junk body.
    .... or time really.

I had thought about specially shaped stick feeds and some sort of adapter that you could just pop them into. Not really concerned about switching back and forth. I just don't have any mags sitting around to play with to see what is feasible.

Inception designs forum members are already on it

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Inception designs forum members are already on it
    Link? Would be curious which direction they're going with it.

to see the thread you have to join...

but i'll leave you with this inspirational picture of what may be

use FN303 clips!!!

The issue is you need to access the breech from below where the gripframe currently interferes. Not only that, but the pump rod of existing pumpmag designs also need to run through this same space.

I have a side-loading design that's not mag fed per se, but it's intended to autoload FS rounds.

I can't find a machinist willing to drill out the hole in the side of the body in order to test it though.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    The issue is you need to access the breech from below where the gripframe currently interferes. Not only that, but the pump rod of existing pumpmag designs also need to run through this same space.

I have a side-loading design that's not mag fed per se, but it's intended to autoload FS rounds.

I can't find a machinist willing to drill out the hole in the side of the body in order to test it though.
    I thought about this and figured it would easier to go in from the sides or top. Top feed could easily be gravity feed, thus less complicated without having to use springs etc. Even going in at 45* or so would be an option. An ugly option, but an option.

Well if a body is made to run a fn303 mag why can't the body just be made to have a top mounted pump rod

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Well if a body is made to run a fn303 mag why can't the body just be made to have a top mounted pump rod
    Not sure exactly how that would work. As it is, the pump rod uses a ramp of sorts to push up into the body slot to push the bolt back. Putting the rod on the top would require some way of forcing it down into the body to push the bolt back. Starts to get pretty complicated from there. I was hoping more for some sort of adapter that would allow some sort of existing FS capable mag to be retrofitted to an AGD body.

External rod/cocking mechanism. Ala Carter comp style amongst others.

*EDIT* Nevermind, Carter wasn't what I was imagining in my head. Tracer, SL-68?
    Last edited by dboggs79; 07-11-2013 at 05:59 PM.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1161485/fs-loader.html

5 shot with reloads through a gate on the back while the gun is ready to go, fits onto a cheap stainless body, rail needs to be warp notched but otherwise I believe should be compatible with existing pump designs.

I think the current pumpmag design sucks though.

Also, you don't want gravity fed for FS rounds, for reasons that should be obvious... Must be under pressure.