Thread: Free Assassin's Creed 2 - Xbox 360 Live members

Free Assassin's Creed 2 - Xbox 360 Live members

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-ac-july-xbox-live

This goes live today. Go get your assassin on.

I put this (all 5+ Gb) in the download queue a couple days ago. How important is it to play AC before jumping right into AC2? I know nothing of any of the backstories, just thought the game looked cool from a single-player perspective.

They do a little backstory pickup if I remember correctly. Wiki Assassin's Creed and you'll get the full first game story. Personally, AC2 is MUCH better combat wise - don't go back for story, you can do 10 minutes of reading and get caught up.

Read the wiki, played the game, and got through the first two memory sessions completely. Went to bed at 4:00 a.m. Up by 8:30 for work.

This is not good...

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play yet. Any news on the next free game?

Glad to see this happening... Free games was the only thing PlaystationPLUS had going for it as a service, seeing as private chat is free to Xbox Silver Members - Microsoft brought more to the table in ever way except fo9r the free games. Maybe now they'll consider allowing Silver Members to download demos before the release date.

found it. first half of august will be crackdown, second half will be dead rising 2 and its mini prestory dlc dr2:case zero.

This game is eating me alive. This always happens with RPG's with a decent storyline.

FYI, I just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7ky7Sgdys

Likely going to watch it tonight. I'm currently somewhere in the early stages of Scene 5 of AC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    This game is eating me alive. This always happens with RPG's with a decent storyline.

FYI, I just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7ky7Sgdys

Likely going to watch it tonight. I'm currently somewhere in the early stages of Scene 5 of AC2.

I'm going to assume you're enjoying the story and game eh?

I know that the only game that anyone else knows is coming out for free is Halo 3. I'm so pumped for that, Halo 3 gaming days were the best times I have ever had on video games, and always will be. The custom games and all. I can't wait to have everybody playing it again!

I heard that Crackdown will be coming out this month. I have only heard good things about the game. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I heard that Crackdown will be coming out this month. I have only heard good things about the game. Any thoughts?
    It's already out. Great game. I downloaded it last week.

Now it's Dead Rising 2 and an expansion for it

I missed Fable 3? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I missed Fable 3? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?
    Was out for the first month of games for gold..... Sorry to break it to you lol

Yeah, Google told me that too. Even though I have a Gold membership, I don't play video games a ton anymore really. I did blow a few evenings completing AC2 and would have liked to do the same with Fable 3. RPG games are fun to play at times, but the only games I actually buy anymore are Madden and COD. And even then, only about every other generation.

You should drop a few $ and go get AC2:Brotherhood. I personally think it's the best of the bunch.

This month is disappointing. You'd think they'd continue giving away games with some degree of mass appeal; this is a sharp left turn in my eyes. I hope this isn't any indication of what's to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    This month is disappointing. You'd think they'd continue giving away games with some degree of mass appeal; this is a sharp left turn in my eyes. I hope this isn't any indication of what's to come...
    Don't worry, it's what they did right before AC2 was released. They do a crappy game right before a big popular one. Later on this month Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Nevada comes out.

I am still siked for when Halo 3 comes out. Halo 3 gaming days were probably the best times i have ever had on Xbox.