20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want one

13 65.00%
  • Whats a valve cap? LOL

7 35.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve Cap Pole

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    The 350-375 psi for a Level 7 and 500-550 psi for a Level 10 are average chamber pressures required to reach typical field velocities. Athomas goes on to state what the inputs should be for each bolt system to maintain good flow. So your external reg needs to regulate to the numbers above depending on bolt system, and the pressure supplied to your external reg needs to be higher. The numbers athomas gave are based on the integral valve regulator, so the input to your choice of external reg may be different based on its flow rate.

Even with these seemingly high numbers, the ball only sees around 80psi, I believe, by the time all the firing sequence actions take place.

-Nathan
    Thanks for clearing that up. That's actually quite surprising. My Nitro Duck X-Stream should work just fine then (in theory). It's flow rate is high enough to not starve any of my RT's and it is externally adjustable.

I'm going to air up my capped valve pump when I get home. I believe AThomas' numbers but swear mine is running closer to 600to the valve. I might be mistaken though. I do remember when I was running it on 12ies and had the valve devolumized that it was running even higher to get FPS in the correct range.

Timmy J was running his straight from an adjustable tank reg. As long as its adjustable enough and consistent enough an adjustable tank reg will work.

I aired up on my capped pump and am currently running about 540psi and a little hot. Shots are in the 285-294 range. On my way back out, so I can do some more checking later if needed. Level 7 bolt, freak bored barrel and I don't really underbore.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    As long as its adjustable enough and consistent enough an adjustable tank reg will work.
    I came back to mention that I had forgotten the consistency portion. Some tank regs may not be. Thanks for filling in what I left out.

-Nathan
    Last of the Salzburg Clan