Thread: Need a Rail ID

Need a Rail ID

Looking to sell/trade this rail but I'd like to put a name/value on it before I get rid of it. I know its some sort of RTP ULE (weighs in at 88g) rail, not sure if pump/warp milled?
    Thanks

it is warp milled for both left and right feeds. its Emag length. it might be something Luke milled, i'd check his site and compare it to some of his offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    it is warp milled for both left and right feeds. its Emag length. it might be something Luke milled, i'd check his site and compare it to some of his offerings.
    I've never seen a Luke rail milled all the way through the bottom. That used to be an RPG mark.

Not easily pump capable any more, as it would have no ramp for the end of the pump rod.

UL'ed RT Pro rail...

Features?

-Ultralight milling
    -Left/Right Warp milling
    -Body Pim milling (accepts aluminum and SS bodies)
    -Foregrip slot

That is one of the very first and earliest versions of what came to be the RPG Shadow Rail. The very first ones were machined from RT Pro rails. It has a dovetail mount and foregrip slot on the front. That was a feature to accept dovetailed ASAs, before AGD started making flat-topped RTP Vert ASAs. When AGD changed their ASA design, the rails that came afterwards no longer came with the dovetail mounting.

Kind of looks familiar but I don't think its my work.

I hope it looks better in person, because in pics it looks like a 10 year old with a hacksaw and dremel got drunk and went to town on an RTP rail.... no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor View Post
    That is one of the very first and earliest versions of what came to be the RPG Shadow Rail. The very first ones were machined from RT Pro rails. It has a dovetail mount and foregrip slot on the front. That was a feature to accept dovetailed ASAs, before AGD started making flat-topped RTP Vert ASAs. When AGD changed their ASA design, the rails that came afterwards no longer came with the dovetail mounting.
    That would explain the RT site rail holes
    i was like " looks like a shadow rail ,but whats with the holes "
    There are actual dovetail mounted ,foregrips out there ???
    Was not aware of this

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    That would explain the RT site rail holes
    i was like " looks like a shadow rail ,but whats with the holes "
    There are actual dovetail mounted ,foregrips out there ???
    Was not aware of this
    Yeah, this was before I could purchase the AGD Slug rail. There are dovetail foregrips and ASAs out there. Not so many these days, but back in 2003-2004 there were plenty. What I really like about this rail which is not so important these days, is that it can accept either an AGD Stainess body or any of the ULE bodies(warp right, left, or centerfeed). The PIM hole is square just like on AM/MM rails, and still has the barrel twist lock assembly hole. As AGD phased out the SS bodies and pushed ULE bodies, this too became less important. Same thing for the site rail mount, and foregrip mounting bracket. They became unused an unnecessary.

RT Pro rails werent pretty, so making one wingless wasnt going to be that pretty either. If anyone can take a RT Pro Rail and use only a hacksaw and dremel to make it like the one above, give it a go. No need to be 10, or drunk. Good luck

Thanks everyone for the help on the ID/features. And a special thanks to OPBN whose mastery of hyperbole is matched only by his ability to respond to the OP with relevant and useful information.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I hope it looks better in person, because in pics it looks like a 10 year old with a hacksaw and dremel got drunk and went to town on an RTP rail.... no offense.
    Cheers

Value would be hard to put. Later generation Shadow rails fetch $100+, but the milling on them was considerably better looking IMO. I can't see it selling for more than $30-40, but start higher and see what happens.

More helpful?
    Last edited by OPBN; 07-24-2013 at 07:00 AM.