Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 153

Thread: Precision Powder - Custom Marker Refinishing

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    50
    Is it possible to get a color shift on a flat coating? also what colors can be used for color shift? Im looking at a Gun Metal grey or black to red once i get all my parts in...

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Is it possible to get a color shift on a flat coating? also what colors can be used for color shift? Im looking at a Gun Metal grey or black to red once i get all my parts in...
    Yes it can be done in a flat finish. Message me for a full list
    PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116













  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116















  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    302
    Is that Bunny's old xmag body?

    Holy crap Roger these are awesome!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Is that Bunny's old xmag body?

    Holy crap Roger these are awesome!
    Nope, I had an extra one lying around. I can't wait to put this one together.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    302
    It's real cool Bunny...good choice

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    39
    Quick question, that ripper, was it one of the runs XMT just did? Curious if polishing was needed to get rid of the mill marks due to it being a raw body. I'm just finishing up mine and am looking to get it coated most likely.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    399
    I sent it to him raw. All those parts were a mix of raw, polished and dust anodized.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Is that Bunny's old xmag body?

    Holy crap Roger these are awesome!
    No, but if it was I am fully confident I could get it to that point with enough time and correct technique

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Nope, I had an extra one lying around. I can't wait to put this one together.
    Only you and Jeremy would have extra complete xmags hanging around.

    Check your email btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    It's real cool Bunny...good choice
    You should see it outside

    Quote Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
    Quick question, that ripper, was it one of the runs XMT just did? Curious if polishing was needed to get rid of the mill marks due to it being a raw body. I'm just finishing up mine and am looking to get it coated most likely.
    Yes sir it was. With this specific finish there was no polishing needing just my normal prep work.

    Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I sent it to him raw. All those parts were a mix of raw, polished and dust anodized.
    It was pretty much a mix of everything besides spray paint which I am glad you did not send me



  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    688
    whos ripper is that? looks sweet makes me want to send mine in!!!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    whos ripper is that? looks sweet makes me want to send mine in!!!
    It's Brian's aka lancecst. You should definitely send me yours

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    538
    man...it's got to be a pain to prep and mask all of these pieces off so they all still fit together. probably 70% of the job in the masking and prep, no? looks awesome, as always. i need more disposable income...lol. someday...

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    whos ripper is that? looks sweet makes me want to send mine in!!!
    Ty and that the plan when I get the extra cash I had pm u b4 and after your write up on coatings I was Luke this is how I'm getting mine done lol!

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    man...it's got to be a pain to prep and mask all of these pieces off so they all still fit together. probably 70% of the job in the masking and prep, no? looks awesome, as always. i need more disposable income...lol. someday...

    A huge chunk of my time is masking, then there is a lot of time testing custom colors and laying the powder so it comes out perfectly smooth and without orange peel.

    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Ty and that the plan when I get the extra cash I had pm u b4 and after your write up on coatings I was Luke this is how I'm getting mine done lol!
    Wait til you see what I am doing with Nick Leivals TWSTR that just got in, it will make you want to do it even more. Or Kwiks xmag.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    399
    I got these pictures from Roger yesterday.




    He has a video of the hopper outside in the sunlight, looks crazy.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Videos for that ripper





  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    New pictures, of an LV1 TWISTR I finished for Nick Leival












  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    399
    My Ripper Chameleon, powder coat by Precision Powder. Pictures don't do it justice as it sparkles in the sun.






    Showing a completely different color inside as well

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    399
    It is super sunny out today so I took a few more pictures to try to capture the sparkle. These still don't fully get the effect but it is close.





  22. #142
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,294
    Just saw on facebook - that twister LV1 you did got stolen.

    https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionP0...52791988534879

    That's awful...

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Just saw on facebook - that twister LV1 you did got stolen.

    https://www.facebook.com/PrecisionP0...52791988534879

    That's awful...
    Yes sir, very upsetting.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    200
    Wanted to know about the possibility of powder coating a pump handle made of delrin, at least I think it is? I saw that you can do hopper shells and thought I would investigate further concerning the pump handles of many of the makers of mag pump kits. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-02-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    200
    You still around?

  26. #146
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    893
    He still is but taking a break to deal with a family situation.

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    I am still here, I have temporally stopped taking new work as i have family in the hospital and dealing with that situation at the moment. That is taking up all my time.

    I could try delrin, but I can make no promises as I have not attempted it before

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    200
    I'm sorry to hear about troubles with your loved ones. I hope things workout soon and all end up healthy and happy.

    I will look forward to your return
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    I just reopened the shop back up. I have to get caught up on some stuff before I take any new orders.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    116
    Few pictures for you guys.

    Sample piece for a project (chameleon pigment to chameleon flake fade)







    Local customer sample over real chrome























Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •