Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Powder - Custom Marker Refinishing

What is river finish?

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    What is river finish?
    It is the same as a vein (hammer tone) but instead of it being a two color finish, like silver and black, its a single color.

How difficult is it to remove powder coating is there a special process to remove it?

It really depends on who is doing it. For you it would be more difficult to do than myself, but it certainly is something I do here every day. It can be chemically removed, physically removed, burnt off in burn ovens, or with laser removal

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    How difficult is it to remove powder coating is there a special process to remove it?
    Last edited by PrecisionPowder; 09-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    It really depends on who is doing it. For you it would be extremely difficult to remove, for me much easier since I already have the setup in place to do so. Or something like that it needs to be chemically stripped
    Yeah I'm in the process of finishing up a couple of mags and considering powder coating but didn't want something very hard to get removed or redone if the time comes.:-) let's say I have a powder coated mag that's one color and I wanna change to white how much would it affect the cost.

Its an hourly cost, so it would depend on how many parts there were and the quality of job the previous coater did. It would also depend a bit on the make up of the powder, an epoxy based powder comes off harder than a poly based powder. Its not a difficult job for an experienced person to do.

Without knowing all that information, or actually doing it I cannot give you an accurate estimate. Please message me to discuss further.

Yeah I'm in the process of finishing up a couple of mags and considering powder coating but didn't want something very hard to get removed or redone if the time comes.:-) let's say I have a powder coated mag that's one color and I wanna change to white how much would it affect the cost.

can you do something close to the Vietnam Tiger Stripe pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    can you do something close to the Vietnam Tiger Stripe pattern?
    I replied to your message

Figured it was probably time for an update here. I will be running a sale through the rest of the month for halloween 15% off any thing I coat orange.

Pm'd a few questions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousMAG View Post
    Pm'd a few questions. Thanks!
    Replied!

pm'd

Samples from some new projects I am working on

I want to give out some STEEP discounts to a few who are willing to give me creative freedom with their marker. The price will be highly reduced in exchange for me having a blank slate to work with. Discounts will be an estimated 40-60% off normal price.

I want to do two of these, the first people to bring me an interesting milled marker will get it. I would prefer some neat milling over plain round tubes or square blocks, but I will consider anything.

I can promise something that will wow you when you look at it, and assure nothing else will be like it.
    Last edited by PrecisionPowder; 11-15-2013 at 08:46 PM.

How about a mini tac mag pump with a t2w stock? I was going to contact you in the near future, but no better time to take you up on your offer and let you work your magic! My only reservation would be that I want it more of a dark color with some shimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    How about a mini tac mag pump with a t2w stock? I was going to contact you in the near future, but no better time to take you up on your offer and let you work your magic! My only reservation would be that I want it more of a dark color with some shimmer.
    I'm really looking for markers with interesting milling for these projects. Things that will bring out the colors and effects I will be using.

I'm currently building something you can use

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I'm currently building something you can use

Can you get me some more information and some pictures?

I can give you nothing like that as I only am in the parts gathering part. Building 2 actually you can do something with. 1 will have a steel body thou

This is the mini tac pump, either way I guess I'll be talking with you at some point

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    This is the mini tac pump, either way I guess I'll be talking with you at some point

I will keep it in mind, I'm not sure what I could do with it to make it really stand out and wow people but keep it dark enough to keep you happy. I'm worried if I used something other than a black/grey or foliage colors it will loose its tactical look.

I might have something, pm'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    I might have something, pm'd you.
    I replied to your PM

Good example to show that size is not a problem here. This bumper is just over 7 feet long and weighs in at just under 200 pounds

Dodge3500- Your PM box is full so I will just leave this message out for everyone

Due to several storms rolling through the area over the last few weeks (totaling several feet of snow) progress has been slow as I have lost power 5 times now and gone through 2 transformers. We are currently in the middle of an ice storm which has so far left us with 1 inch of ice covering everything with trees resting on the branches. As a precaution I have suspended work on parts for a few days til I get power back, and feel confident that power will not get knocked out by weather again with parts in the oven. I am hoping that I will be able to pick up on parts again on Christmas and get back on track.

Thats cool man no worries or hurry.i hope things get better for you.lol thats way too much snow and ice for me.

Thats cool man no worries or hurry.i hope things get better for you.lol thats way too much snow and ice for me.

On the plus side, half of your gun is done, the other half was in the oven when the power went out so I had to strip it back down and start over. Hoping I can get it done on Christmas for you, I think most of the trees over the lines will be clear by then.

Damn guess I should stop saying it's freaking cold when it's 52 out there. Hope you get power back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    Damn guess I should stop saying it's freaking cold when it's 52 out there. Hope you get power back soon.
    It was -22 last week, now ice for 3 days going onto the 4th. Im going to respond to everyone til my phone dies. I sent everyone that has a gun in to me a PM explaining whats going on except for those with full boxes (and you because i knew you would see this) which is why I posted here.

I am hoping to get at least 3 guns done Christmas day, then work through the rest. I had Christmas planned off from my other jobs so it will give me time to get these done assuming power is back and not looking like its going to go back out