Thread: Xvalve bellyache....

Xvalve bellyache....

hello mag'ers

i have an Xvalve in a ule body. When i gas the marker i get the first shot "pop" then the marker holds air but every shot after that leaks down the barrel. I notice it being slow on the "recharge" along with the leak

i have an Xvalve parts kit but i dont have the carrier set, just the one in the marker.

ive tried changing what orings "looked bunk" but no dice.

im open for anything now. thanks for the time

Replace the small oring that goes on the aft side of the regulator seat holder.

Had this happen to me a couple months ago. Very odd, and I initially focused on the bolt seal as well due to the barrel leak. The aforementioned reg holder oring was crumbled. I guess I shouldn't complain though. It lasted about 8 years. I think what happens is the air can enter the air chamber through the reg pin assembly before the on/off get pushed down to catch the sear. In this scenario, slow recharge is a likely symptom as well. This one can be tricky to diagnose, as it leaks down the barrel with the trigger pulled which is usually the on/off top oring.

You could verify this by taking the grip panels off and holding the sear in a manner as to properly latch the bolt. Then air up. If you don't get the first shot pop, I think this will do it.

Mine was so bad, it would actually randomly burp, rolling balls out the barrel.

-Nathan
    Last edited by nak81783; 07-21-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Thanks for the advice.. Ive changed orings 31-34. Now when i gas the gun up it first pops and holds air, like normal. I can now take about 20 shots before it starts to leak from the barrel again and sometimes you can hear the valve "being slugish" on the recharge. This oring fix has helped alot but has not stoped the problem. any other orings i should be looking for??

thanks for your help

Ok, good. Now you're most likely down to this:

1. If it leaks down barrel when you hold the trigger down, it is the on/off top oring, or

2. If it leaks down barrel without the trigger held down, you need to adjust your Level 10. You will need the carrier kit most likely. Here is a link on adjusting it. Read post # 2168 on page 73.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...read-**/page73

Just so I understand, before you replaced that reg holder small oring, would the gun shoot on air up or just "pop"/"tink" because everything was seating? And after the oring change, how is it different?

-Nathan

Now that i replaced both reg seat holder orings the marker holds airs and will fire 15-20 times but the leak returns. I can push the bolt in and that stops the leak but once i remove the presure from my finger the leak returns.

i also notice the valve is recharging quicker than it did.

im going to order a carrier kit i think thats the problem WE have, agreed???

thanks
    dre
    "this is way cooler than sunday cartoons!!"

Take all the shims out of the Level 10. They can cause false leaks. If it still leaks, order the kit, and follow the instructions linked above. Good luck!

-Nathan

i just noticed i have shims in the marker.........i have removed them all and the leak is still around.

im going to order the kit. the carrier i have has one dot on the inside and no rings on the outside. am i looking for a bigger one?

Get the kit, and adjust per the linked instructions.

All markings will be on the outer diameter. If you see no rings or dots on the outside, that is the 0 carrier, the smallest.

I've never heard of anybody using that size. Make sure the carrier oring is good, but again, it's best to wait until you have the kit. Without all the necessary parts, frustration is sure to follow.

-Nathan

Any update on this?