Thread: William Shatner Xmag Project

Thumbs up William Shatner Xmag Project

AO: While putting together xmagworld.com again, I did a lot of research about the infamous Shatner Xmags. It was pretty fun tracking down 3 William Shatner Xmags, but after all my research I realized I probably wouldn't be able to purchase one.

• Purple: Original Member on AO will be buried with it
    • Black: Sold to a pawn shop in TX
    • Pewter: Used by Mancow. Missing. No information

For more pictures and information go here... https://www.automags.org/forums/conte...Shatner-X-mags

Since I really doubt I will be able to track one down I decided to see if I could track down William Shatner instead to see if he would sign an Xmag for me. As luck has it, he is actually going to a convention in Maryland this weekend so I bought a ticket and will be heading there tomorrow to try and get an autograph. Apparently they have rules in place so I will not be able to bring my entire Xmag, so I will have to disassemble it and bring just the body.

My idea is to laser engrave a few logos onto the existing Xmag. I don't want to directly copy the original purple Xmag, but I want to make it my own. I will keep a few "special" parts on it to make it unique

What do you guys think? Any cool ideas?

Cool. I have always liked the shatner guns. My favorite part it the selector lasering. I will someday get that done to my xmags. Yup Im a star trek fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I'm also a trekkie and always thought a star trek symbol engraved in batt housing would look awesome. Maybe I'll do something with that pewter Xmag instead of sell it. Too bad ODDPB went down for the count.

Needs to be anoed yellow and black with the Starfleet insignia on the battery pack.

I went to my first ever "con" at the Shore Leave Sci-Fi convention this past weekend. It was a blast. I was able to meet William Shatner and had him sign my Xmag body. They were pretty hardcore about taking pictures so I just have the crappy cellphone picture of him. I felt pretty nervous having him sign my xmag, but after I saw everyone dressed in costumes I felt okay about the situation.

What a goof ball. Always wondered if he was as funny and entertaining in real life as he is in most anything he does acting wise.

Glad you had fun and got the gun signed. Now where are the display chick picks!?!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    now where are the naughty chicks wearing way too short of skirted star trek uniforms pics!?!
    fify
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

OK. That works too. But I'm not picky on them being star trek chicks or not.

Lol, the types of people that were at this con looked way different than ComicCon and bigger events. I saw a few women with short skirts, but I did not feel compelled to take pictures....

Btw, I'm surprised no one is asking me about the aurora e-mag trigger or barrel tip...

what did he say about the xmag? did he talk paintball with you, at all?

It was pretty fast paced. On the event website it stated that no paintball guns were allowed at all. I decided to take just my Xmag body and when I signed up to get a ticket for his autograph I spoke with his "handlers" about the paintball body. They remembered when he played paintball years ago and they said he wouldn't mind signing it at all. They lined everyone up that was willing to pay $75 and we waited for 10-15 minutes to get our autograph. They were pretty cut and dry about it and kept the interaction to a minimum. I handed my Xmag body to the "handler" and I told him where I would like Shatner to sign. Shatner picked up the body and did a once over, smiled, and signed the top of the body. I got 5 words out of my mouth and it was over. It was pretty fast paced, but I didn't mind. I actually felt pretty uncomfortable asking for an autograph anyway so less talk the better.

During Tunaball my girlfriend was able to get Simon and TK to sign a gloss black battery housing so I decided to combine the body and battery pack and now I have a X-mag signed by TK, Simon, and Shatner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Btw, I'm surprised no one is asking me about the aurora e-mag trigger or barrel tip...
    Hey what's the story on the aurora trigger and barrel tip..... feel better?

Without the hopper and barrel it could pass for a phaser.
    Forest Gump of paintball