Thread: mag fsr sniper rifle

mag fsr sniper rifle

I bought this of the AO forums with the intention of doing a box mag type feed. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ject&p=2833484 but already having a emag and building a double barrel mag I have enough in the way of rate of fire so decided to do a mag fed marker and then thought why no a fs platform.

I sent the ULE body to Xmag Terror after talking to him about it to get the feed port milled out and a new feedneck built to run the fs rounds. got it back very quickly

for the mag feed I decided on the mkv dmag upgrade kit. I am honestly surprised this is no done more with these kits.

with that mounted got the rest of the stuff together and just had to bolt them on

once I do some accuracy test and make sure the shroud is sturdy enough I will clean up the brace for the magwell and paint it to match. feeds great fs and regular paintball just with fs round you want to hand load 2 round to fill the chamber and part of the feed neck so when the mag open they stay pointed in the correct direction. shooting at a sheet I would re use the fs rounds and I was pleasantly surprised the they had no fin damage from the bolt as I knew this was a issue for so other semi auto fs markers
    Last edited by Syko89; 08-10-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: updated

Nice! So, what shroud is that and how did you fix it? Is it a Deadlywind Ion body?

I dont have much info on the shroud. It was installed when I got it but honestly I probably won't keep it on because of the amount of flex it has from rest on the bipod changes the zero on the scope so unless I can fab up so internal brace for it that won't work. I also dont like hiding the mag. I want people to know they just got picked off with a mag "granted most players nowadays dont know what a automag is" but I will be happy to show them
    Last edited by Syko89; 08-06-2013 at 09:35 AM.

updated

Keep that 360 off the carpet man! Static is bad, and heat tends to build up.

Lol its dead already

Ok the bad first. The way the shroud was originally done the body sits at a downward angle. This mean at 50yrd I have to fully adjust the fsr riser to zero in. This won't do. So the mag is coming out. Here is a very rough idea of what is going to happen

The stock is going to be shortened a bit there is going to be a picatinny rail mounted under the rail and barrel and a lower sight rail and ditch the tiberius rail for the lower profile Killjoy Apr rail. Got a milled rtp rail to use the sight rail and for grip screw holes to mount the bracket for the dmag kit. Not as pretty but in this case function comes first

wow, holy stacked rails batman.

awesome progress though

Yeah its way to high

Looking good!

This is just an opportunity to make it more awesome.

You really preffer that stock instead of the T2W one?

No but the t2w belongs to the tac2 and I don't want to start taking parts from that so this will have to work for now. I am going to put a duck bill Asa where the stock mounts and do a 13ci with a slide over stock or a air through buffer tube adapter and use a AR style stock
    Last edited by Syko89; 08-22-2013 at 05:40 AM.

New rail installed with extras attached. Still need to get the height down but it came out better than I thought it would. I am Waiting for a smaller rail "in the mail" before I attach the mag feed as it will determine the spacing I am going to need from the body