Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of death is what makes paintball the game it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    It's pretty much this thread template:

"Why are there so many threads about [x]? I'm too cool to be bothered with such details. I actually enjoy more/less of [x]!"

It's basically the MO for the "too cool for school" crowd. Normally, but not necessarily, [x] is something of an esoteric nature (efficiency, bps, weight, teamwork, math and science, education).

If it's regarding a statement/subject that is blatantly obvious/obtuse, then the purpose of the template becomes clear. It's not actually about [x].
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

One of the funnest games I ever played was a 40-50 man game of freeze tag. If you were hit you stood there till a team mate could run by and touch you.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    One of the funnest games I ever played was a 40-50 man game of freeze tag. If you were hit you stood there till a team mate could run by and touch you.
    Gonna have to remember that one.

Seems another nice twist would be to have people start scattered all over the field. This would make the field play in multiple directions, and a team just couldn't stay line abreast to make sure they could always revive each other.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    I will have to remember that! Great idea.

And starting with players all over the field could be an added twist. Yup. To great of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    It's pretty much this thread template:

"Why are there so many threads about [x]? I'm too cool to be bothered with such details. I actually enjoy more/less of [x]!"

It's basically the MO for the "too cool for school" crowd. Normally, but not necessarily, [x] is something of an esoteric nature (efficiency, bps, weight, teamwork, math and science, education).

If it's regarding a statement/subject that is blatantly obvious/obtuse, then the purpose of the template becomes clear. It's not actually about [x].
    I was just trying to make an observation and see what others thought about it. Go back and read my first post and you'll find that in no way fits your template. I never implied that I was in any way too cool for [x]. I never said I didn't care about [x]. I actually said that I was as guilty as anybody in terms of caring about [x]. My question was not "why are there so many threads about [x]?", it was "is more [x] what we really want?". It was a real question, not an effort to espouse my POV as superior. I said it is a matter of personal preference.

I'm sorry but you have the wrong impression of me. If anything I'm not cool enough for school.