Thread: Barb, tubing sizes?

Barb, tubing sizes?

Ok, so what are the barb/tubing sizes that are used with LPRs and pneu setups? The barb, is a 10-32 right? But I can't figure out what the tubing size is supposed to be. I got a crap ton of tubig a while back, so I have never had to actually buy it before.

Also, on the Palmers site, it mentions that the rock barb with the sealant has better flow than the ones with teh o-ring. How significant is this?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Ok, so what are the barb/tubing sizes that are used with LPRs and pneu setups? The barb, is a 10-32 right? But I can't figure out what the tubing size is supposed to be. I got a crap ton of tubig a while back, so I have never had to actually buy it before.

Also, on the Palmers site, it mentions that the rock barb with the sealant has better flow than the ones with teh o-ring. How significant is this?

standard size barbs for pneumag kits and LPR's is 10-32 threads w/a 1/16ID (1/8OD) barb....so wen looking for the tube some places will either list the ID or the OD of the tubing...sometimes they will list both.

and the rock barb has better flow than the o-ring barb fitting....its similar to how some macro/micro lines have thicker or narrower walls?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    standard size barbs for pneumag kits and LPR's is 10-32 threads w/a 1/16ID (1/8OD) barb....so wen looking for the tube some places will either list the ID or the OD of the tubing...sometimes they will list both.
    Ok because Palmers has like 4-5 sizes of small tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Ok because Palmers has like 4-5 sizes of small tubing.

they also have that many different size barb fittings....so you can actually get wat ever size tubing you want just as long as you get the right size barb fitting. just the barb size and hose size change but the 10-32 threads stay the same for the LPR and pneumag parts. at least for the pneumag parts that mag79 and Loguzzzz sell here.

True. Just trying to stay consistent. Switching from plastic barbs to metal.