Thread: Advice on a mag build?

Advice on a mag build?

Alright.. so like I stated before I'm trying to get back into paintball. I don't want to spend alot of money at one time getting a brand new DM13 or anything. I had thought about getting an RT I saw for a good deal on the Markers forum. If not, and I don't come across a great deal, I have another plan. I want to tinker around and build a mag from the ground up. I have decent knowledge about mags in general. Any ideas where I should start? Just take an old 68 and go from there? I LOVED my RT.. it was second nature to me. With so many paths to choose, I'm at a stand still. Where does this crossroads lead? Is a normal mag with level 10 up to speed, is an electro frame too high maintenance? So many choices, lol.

If you ran an rt in the past and liked it. I'd buy a rtpro retro whatever name valve for the price. X valves are nice and light. But more expensive. And just check for sale threads and part what you want together. Or score a rtpro for cheap and have a working gun to add on to. I e still never used a level 10. Figure I don't really chop with a 7. And it has less tuning characteristics. As for electro. I'm a no electro gun fan. Hopper. Well. That's a non option. Haha.

If you plan to play tournaments though you may want an electro as rumor has it a lot frown upon RT valves

The guy who I was gonna get the RT from also has some other pieces to start a good build it seems. I like the idea of the XValve considering I can get it and customize to my hearts content. I took my old RT to the max with customizing basically, and was disappointed I couldn't do much more.

What more can you really do with an X other than anno? That said. The weight alone is worth it if your willing to spend the coin. I'm cheap. Lol. Maybe one day...........maybe.

XValve? It's just a reactive valve with level 10 isn't it? I can use most any body/frame setup I want right? Or am I mistaken on this? I believe you are thinking of an X-Mag..

MOTY3
    The X valve gives you the most options. It is the lightest of the RT valves (mostly Aluminum), it can use a ULT or RT on/off, you can adjust the on/off to RT or just have a light trigger pull. You can use it with an electro, pneumatic (or both) or just a mech set up. And it can be used with any frame, rail, or body except the classic RT.

that's what I thought. I am definitely going to go that route so I can customize it and tinker. =D Thinkin of a ULE body, Intelliframe, Xvalve.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAirgunRT View Post
    that's what I thought. I am definitely going to go that route so I can customize it and tinker. =D Thinkin of a ULE body, Intelliframe, Xvalve.
    Pretty standard. Try looking for a complete marker if these are what you want. It will be cheaper than piecing it together.

MOTY3
    Pm'd you a great deal.

yeah I seriously missed out on that one =/