Thread: rex M2 autococker

rex M2 autococker

OK. I recently picked up a big lot of stuff and am doing inventory before my for sale thread. That said. A brand new M2 is in the lot. I've always wanted a autococker because I love the look and sound of them. Just never bought one because I'm to lazy to work on them when the time comes. So I've always stayed with mags. But I'm torn. Do I sell this gun. And when the time is right pick up an already upgraded nice old WGP autococker. If ever. Or keep this thing. Dissect it. And make my nastalgia piece.

If I do sell. What is it even worth? As is. Bone stock. New in original box.

I shot a Mag for years before I bought a mech Autococker. I couldn't get the hang of the trigger, and the timing was frustrating occasionally. I almost sold it, before my buddy recommended an Eblade. Solved the timing and the short-stroking. I love having an Autococker for the same reasons you stated. My suggestion would be to find an Eblade (or Autococker with one on it).

If you get an Eblade by itself, keep the mechanical frame and 3-way from the Rex M2. At times, I regret selling those off just for the times I want to tinker.

If you get an Autococker with an Eblade, you can decide whether to keep the Autococker w/ Eblade or put the Eblade on the Rex M2 and sell the other Autococker parts.

On PBReview, there's people talking of buying these for $80-$125 in 2006. Probably worth less today.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

If im gonna own and use one it will be all mech. Never had an issue shooting them. Love using my brother in laws 96. Its got every upgrade option that existed in 96. Still silk smooth with a slide trigger.

Question

From what I understand, they arent really cockers.

A large part of the parts are Spyder like the valves and feednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    From what I understand, they arent really cockers.

A large part of the parts are Spyder like the valves and feednecks.

Cockers are stacked tubes just like spyders. Really only differences are one being a blowback and the other being recocked with pneumatics. And closed vs open bolt. Not that those differences aren't significant. Just saying the fact that one body has metric threads and whatnot doesn't change much in my mind. Still a cocker. WGP cocker? No.

I was on the understanding that most actual autococker upgrades/parts fit the M2?

The M2 cockers have metric threaded bodies; so you're stuck with their front block, but everything else (I believe) is interchangeable with standard Autocockers. Pneus, hammer, frame, barrel. I can't remember if the valve is a cocker valve, or modified Spyder valve, though. And P-block bolts will work, but they need to be drilled for the vertical pin on the M2.