Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pneumag & double shooting

  1. #1

    Pneumag & double shooting

    First, I just installed a pneumag system into my mag and WHOA NELLY..... Runs almost as fast as my electrics. Kinda scared a few people today with it considering the field had mags for rentals.

    But... For the past two outings the gun would go full auto for about a pod or so. I tweak it a little, add more oil... Just futzing with it but nothing in depth. After those first shots, it straightens out and runs smooth all day. I can deal with it, but would like to fix it if possible.

    Any ideas?

    Specs:
    ULE / ULT / X-valve / Lvl 10 bolt / ....Blue / ... Shot some punk in the face today

    That's about it.

  2. #2
    My first thought from your marker specs was the ULT. I think your on/off assembly would be we're I would start. I know with my pneumag I was having auto problems with the shorter (0.712) pins and had to go longer.

  3. #3
    Well it was happening before I put my pneumo kit on it so who knows. May just be a seal in there needing oil before I play. We'll see. Question: where did you get your longer replacement pin from?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic0157 View Post
    Well it was happening before I put my pneumo kit on it so who knows. May just be a seal in there needing oil before I play. We'll see. Question: where did you get your longer replacement pin from?
    You can get a wide variety of lengths from AGD or Tunamart. I believe the 0.75 comes with the emag on/off assembly, but don't quote me on that. You don't necessarily have to go that long, but mic the one you have and if it correlates with my story then possibly change it. I do recall that using a ULT and a pneumag = uncontrolled auto

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NW-Missouri
    Posts
    106
    Not to high jack this thread, but just curiosity speaking out.

    Is a ULT even necessary with a Pneumag Frame? I know with mine it is like "Two Hairs and some Air" to pull the trigger and I don't have a ULT installed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraKargo View Post
    Not to high jack this thread, but just curiosity speaking out.

    Is a ULT even necessary with a Pneumag Frame? I know with mine it is like "Two Hairs and some Air" to pull the trigger and I don't have a ULT installed.

    nope. the RT on/off is perfect for a pneumag.

    here is a good thread from longi who did alot of pneumag testing and he does a great write up:
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...neumag-testing

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    nope. the RT on/off is perfect for a pneumag.

    here is a good thread from longi who did alot of pneumag testing and he does a great write up:
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...neumag-testing

    Isn't the only difference between the on/off emag assembly and the rt on/off assembly the pin length? One second thought, I guess the emag assembly comes with a quad oring instead of the urethane oring. I thought the brass top and bottom portions of the "on/off assembly" were the same whether they are labeld emag on/off assembly or RT on/off assembly, the only difference is between the type of inner on/off pin oring (quad vs urethane) and the pin length (0.712 vs 0.750)? I ask this not to derail the original thread, but more to enlighten or validate what I've previously posted?

    Can any of the old timers confirm this for me so I don't blindly mislead others.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Isn't the only difference between the on/off emag assembly and the rt on/off assembly the pin length? One second thought, I guess the emag assembly comes with a quad oring instead of the urethane oring. I thought the brass top and bottom portions of the "on/off assembly" were the same whether they are labeld emag on/off assembly or RT on/off assembly, the only difference is between the type of inner on/off pin oring (quad vs urethane) and the pin length (0.712 vs 0.750)? I ask this not to derail the original thread, but more to enlighten or validate what I've previously posted?

    Can any of the old timers confirm this for me so I don't blindly mislead others.
    you are correct big Dawg...the only difference is the pin length for a E-mag is .712 and it uses a quad o-ring. the on/off top and bottom are the same.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    you are correct big Dawg...the only difference is the pin length for a E-mag is .712 and it uses a quad o-ring. the on/off top and bottom are the same.
    Thank you for the validation! I was starting to think that I really understood, but then I wondered if I was lacking oxygen to the few brain cells I have left.

    Maybe to add to the talk of pin lengths......I was going to try and play around with a pin length a little shorter to see if it can be a tad bit more responsive. I do know that the 0.712 length is too small, but that leaves a few options shorter than the 0.750

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Thank you for the validation! I was starting to think that I really understood, but then I wondered if I was lacking oxygen to the few brain cells I have left.

    Maybe to add to the talk of pin lengths......I was going to try and play around with a pin length a little shorter to see if it can be a tad bit more responsive. I do know that the 0.712 length is too small, but that leaves a few options shorter than the 0.750


    haha...i wonder about tha few brain cells i got left wen on these forums as well!

    well you can experiment with tha pin length from .749 all tha way to .713? .712 might be too short but .713 mite be tha shNit....haha...ya never know??

    tha write up from longi gets ya thinkin huh? it was a great write up with alot of good info!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •