Thread: Just have to confirm - angel feednecks for ULE bodies, right?

Just have to confirm - angel feednecks for ULE bodies, right?

I'm currently resurrecting the e-mag I got a few months back, and need to double check that it is the angel feednecks that fit the body. The only reason why I am asking is I have read that the feedneck threads on angles changed at some time in the past.

Correct. ULE bodies are threaded for angel feednecks. I don't know where you can find the old angel feednecks anymore, so you'll be safe by default.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by halB View Post
    Thanks!
    You're welcome, sir!

only the old ones, I think they changed at some point

CCM makes a good one

Angel feednecks are now and have always been the same threading - M21x0.75 - but it is confusing because some Angel LEDs shipped with a threaded feed post (like for a warp feed) which accepted a similar feedneck to the ego or an old spyder, which clamps to the post and the hopper.

AKALMP, CCM, Bob Long, CP and Python (Techt) all still make Angel threaded feednecks. Many retailers still have old stock of brands like Redz, LAPCO, Hybrid, etc which are either out of business or no longer producing that thread pattern. There are also quite a few chinese "brands" which are sold on ebay or in the discount sections of online paintball stores, such as 3Skull, Maddog, Trinity, and Warrior.

I would stay away from the CPs - they're actually ION/Impulse threads .807-32, which will technically fit, but is likely to strip out and usually damages the body rather than the feedneck. The same is true of many of the chinese "brands" you see for cheap. Some people swear they've never had a problem using an ION feedneck, but I've seen enough disasters to make it not worth risking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Angel feednecks are now and have always been the same threading - M21x0.75 - but it is confusing because some Angel LEDs shipped with a threaded feed post (like for a warp feed) which accepted a similar feedneck to the ego or an old spyder, which clamps to the post and the hopper.

AKALMP, CCM, Bob Long, CP and Python (Techt) all still make Angel threaded feednecks. Many retailers still have old stock of brands like Redz, LAPCO, Hybrid, etc which are either out of business or no longer producing that thread pattern. There are also quite a few chinese "brands" which are sold on ebay or in the discount sections of online paintball stores, such as 3Skull, Maddog, Trinity, and Warrior.

I would stay away from the CPs - they're actually ION/Impulse threads .807-32, which will technically fit, but is likely to strip out and usually damages the body rather than the feedneck. The same is true of many of the chinese "brands" you see for cheap. Some people swear they've never had a problem using an ION feedneck, but I've seen enough disasters to make it not worth risking.
    Holy crap dude! I was just about to buy a CP. I love the brand. Didn't think they could screw up. Guess I'll just pick a CCM then.

I love CP as well.

I've had great success with their detentes and I think their ASAs are fantastic. I also appreciate the wide variety of colors and finishes that they offer; most companies (markers and accessories) narrowed down to "Black/Blue/Red/Silver" around 2005, and many stopped producing "glossy" finishes more recently, but CP has always kept Green/Yellow/Purple/Chrome in stock and in production. I feel like they have, to some extent, filled the gap left by KAPP.

When it comes to their feednecks, I always thought they were kind of ugly, granted effective/functional. I ordered one from them directly for a friends Angel build when they were on sale, and noticed that it fit funny had fewer lines of threading than those from other manufacturers. I checked and found it was Impulse/ION threaded, not Angel. When I contacted the company, they stated that it was the same threading and they just packaged them differently - I would speculate they were either not aware of the difference, or willing to accept partial compatibility to cut costs.

Either way it hasn't put me off CP at all - I didn't like their feednecks looks enough to spend what they ask for them (if I wanted something I thought was ugly I knew I could get it cheaper), and now I know to be wary of their "Angel threaded" stuff. Since then I've noticed the issue with a lot of chinese no-name crap on ebay; I can tell from the pictures and the few I've handled in person - I just file that under "random notes" in the back of my mind.

Anyhow, when do we get some pics?!?

If you decide to go with CCM hit up SSP-Reaper, he is a CCM dealer and always has the best prices.