Thread: Pneu'd M90 - leak?

Pneu'd M90 - leak?

I've got an M90 that has pneumatics already installed. Everything looks good and it operates fine. But it sounds like it's leaking from the MSV-2. Where should I start trouble-shooting?

I'm also wanting to set it up with a Palmer's Micro Rock that I have. As I understand it, I'll need to complete Dirge's Mod and maybe get some new panels to get everything to fit nicely. Is that correct?

I have a M90 with a palmers micro rock in it and Dirge's Mod. As far as installing it you shouldn't have to mod anything. A bit of advice is when installing the micro rock you do it by taking of the outer anodized casing and barbed fitting. You can install the 1/8 npt threaded neck with a socket. Screw it down till its tight and where you want it. The tricky part is lining the output hole where the barb fitting is installed in the correct direction. So it takes some time and patience to reinstall the casing onto the 1/8 npt threaded neck that is installed into the M90 frame. I found a good lubing of the oring on the casing and some medical latex gloves is all I needed to break free the friction of the two parts. PM me if you want further details. I did install the magnet mod and found that I wanted to remove a little material with the dremel from the inside since the screw holding the magnet protrudes out further than the frame allowed. As far as the trigger rod I used the spine of a aluminum rivet. It works great since it's a perfect diameter for the whole and won't rust. I'm hoping this makes some sense using ambiguous terms.

As far as the MSV-2 leaking I am no help. I was going to pick on up locally since they're not very expensive to have as a spare. I do know that once you take the micro tubing off the barbs it seems to create leaks after the initial install. So taking the internal hoses off and on isn't a good idea.

Just get Luke's panels that are made for the palmers micro rock, you don't need to mod anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I've got an M90 that has pneumatics already installed. Everything looks good and it operates fine. But it sounds like it's leaking from the MSV-2. Where should I start trouble-shooting?

I'm also wanting to set it up with a Palmer's Micro Rock that I have. As I understand it, I'll need to complete Dirge's Mod and maybe get some new panels to get everything to fit nicely. Is that correct?

try pushing the msv-2 pin...the part that the lever is pushing to open the valve...with a small allen wrench or o-ring pick to get the o-ring to sit properly? it prolly was unseated? also if you have already done this, put some loc-tite on tha msv-2 barbs...sometimes those will leak? the Micro Rock will fit with the MSV-2 installed the normal way just have to cut the lever. and use a 90* barb. i would recommend mike780's G-10 vert grips for your M90! you will definitely like the G-10 grips!!!

In the pic in Dirges thread on BEO the MSV2 appears to have the barbs on the top of the MSV. Is this a different model?

Sorry to thread jack .

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    In the pic in Dirges thread on BEO the MSV2 appears to have the barbs on the top of the MSV. Is this a different model?

Sorry to thread jack .
    Dirge modded the msv-2....tha Dirges Mod!

Yeah, that confused me for a bit too, but that question is answered on p2 of that thread. Dirge used a 1/16" drift punch to remove the roll pin and flip the lever on the MSV-2.

By the way, I think my MSV-2 is blown. It leaks out of both vent holes and the only way to stop it is to turn the LPR down to nothing. Of course, then it won't shoot. So, who's the guy to hit up now for a couple MSV-2's, a 90* barb, some fresh lpr line, and a nylon-tipped trigger stop set screw?

Yeah, that confused me for a bit too, but that question is answered on p2 of that thread. Dirge used a 1/16" drift punch to remove the roll pin and flip the lever on the MSV-2.

By the way, I think my MSV-2 is blown. It leaks out of both vent holes and the only way to stop it is to turn the LPR down to nothing. Of course, then it won't shoot. So, who's the guy to hit up now for a couple MSV-2's, a 90* barb, some fresh lpr line, and a nylon-tipped trigger stop set screw?

have you tried taking it apart to check the o-rings inside...similar to the cheater valve...its pretty much tha same internals. i had a msv-2 doing the same thing and rebuilt it and now its good to go. i would try mag79 or Loguzzzz or ebay if you are looking for a new one?

You just remove the tiny screw in the back to access the internals? I'll give it a shot later this evening.

You just remove the tiny screw in the back to access the internals? I'll give it a shot later this evening.
    yes sir

When you flip the MSV2 and put the barbs at the top and make the lever shorter you do not need the magnet return on it Works especially well with a Micro rock

Alright, the brass screw at the back won't even budge past about 1/2 turn. It's trying to strip. I'm throwing in the towel on this MSV-2. Time to order a new one.

The mag mod did come with it, but the superglue had already broken loose. So I have it just sitting separately right now. I'm going to order some new parts and get this back up and running, and then see if it's even necessary to put it back on. (I wasn't needing it before in the default setup because of the top trigger magnet in the M90)

Thanks for the help all, I'll report back with updates when I can.

here is a link to some msv-2 3-way valves....and they give you the option for a reverse msv-2 (Dirges Mod)

http://store.fabco-air.com/proddetail.php?prod=MSV
    http://fabco-air.com/pdf/Sec_13.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    When you flip the MSV2 and put the barbs at the top and make the lever shorter you do not need the magnet return on it Works especially well with a Micro rock
    I'm curious about this. Why would this be? Does it increase the pull? I thought the reason to keep the lever as long as possible was to decrease the pull needed. Wouldnt shortening it increase the force needed? Or does the Micro Rock somehow magically make the pull lighter?

Longer lever = longer, lighter pull. Shorter lever = shorter, heavier pull. From what I've read, the super-fast recharge rate of the Micro-Rock enables you to run the LPR at a lower pressure, thus making the trigger pull even lighter than with other LPR's. Combining that ability with the shorter lever, shorter pull can give a pneumag a near mouse-click trigger. It won't quite beat an electro, but it comes close.

I Or does the Micro Rock somehow magically make the pull lighter?

Pretty much. Higher volume or something like that. The flipped MSV2/smaller lever doesnt work with a tickler. The performance difference is drastic.

Longer lever = longer, lighter pull. Shorter lever = shorter, heavier pull. From what I've read, the super-fast recharge rate of the Micro-Rock enables you to run the LPR at a lower pressure, thus making the trigger pull even lighter than with other LPR's. Combining that ability with the shorter lever, shorter pull can give a pneumag a near mouse-click trigger. It won't quite beat an electro, but it comes close.
    ^This. Just finished setting up my Mini Vert Pneu (MVP) frame. I didn't flip the lever but I did cut it down to just above the actuator. Runs like a charm.

Hmm. What about flipping the lever and putting the MSV so that the top of it is just below the MPA?

Hmm. What about flipping the lever and putting the MSV so that the top of it is just below the MPA?
    try it out and let us know DooD?