Thread: Loader of Choice

Loader of Choice

Probably already discussed elsewhere but I will ask anyways.

What is your loader of choice? By that I mean which loader do you play with most because it is the most reliable, most efficient, best fits your needs etc? I play with an Eggy 4 and never see myself needing anything more. Why do you play with the loader that you do?

Warpless halo too with a high torque slot car motor

revvy most of the time, proph when i need the speed (rarely)
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I typically take 4 hoppers/loaders with me when I play. Winchester, Sportshot, Revy and HaloV35. First three for pump depending on how I feel for the day, last one for anything else.

I will say that I am truly impressed with the Rotor, I'm just too cheap to buy one. Brother bought one a couple of years ago and the ease of taking it apart is awesome!

I have a warpless magna setup, but it is a pain to clean. A rotor... its meh... but I really love the spire, quiet, auto unjam, extremely easy to take apart for cleaning and not a super blimp, I recommend giving the spire a spin

I've tried others but ease to disassymble and quietness are important for me since with my injury I rely on a slow stealth game
    Last edited by rukh013; 08-13-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Q Loader!

Because it makes for a compact and low profile setup. When paired with a warp bodied mag there is nothing sitting on top of the marker.

Since I mainly play woods & recball, and since I don't shoot large volumes of paint I find that the approx 100 round capacity fits my style of play well.

On my S6 I use either a Sportshot, Revy, or an APP 50rnd hopper with an APP pod lid. On my Mags or an electro I use a Rotor.

I have used halo's with the suicide style shells forever. I needed to get a second complete setup recently though and got a good deal on a used rotor, I have to say I like a lot of the features with the rotor, but this friday will be my first time playing a game with it.

Dye Rotor here. I love the profile, and its fast! It doesn't skip a beat with feeding my ULE Mag, and that's pretty impressive to me.

You really cannot go wrong with a Z2 or Spire.

I recently picked up a spire 260 and I have to say I am in love with this thing.

I have a prophecy right now and after using it I will never use another halo again

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    You really cannot go wrong with a Z2 or Spire.
    Because I am lazy and don't feel like doing the research, why would I pay for a spire when I can get something comparable for ≈ $60 less?

Ive been utterly destroyed on a speedball field when a halo jammed on me. my prophecy has never jammed.

the more reliable your equiptment the more you can focus on whats in front of your barrel and not behind it

I know someone who puts a rotor on his pump, I laughed but he pointed out that he's dry fired on a sure thing then instantly got taken out when there was no ball in his chamber

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Because I am lazy and don't feel like doing the research, why would I pay for a spire when I can get something comparable for ≈ $60 less?
    Better ball capacity, better shells, easier disassembly...
    Feeding: I think the Z2 has an edge over the Spire. Both are not prone to jamming like the Rotor. Both are much quieter.
    Shell durability is about the same. The lid on the Spire is much easier to change out.
    Design: The Spire wins hands down. I was able to completely disassemble my Spire Sunday on the field under fire and swab out my feedneck with the shell still on the gun.

Now with the larger shells out for both the Spire and Z2 the smaller standard models should drop in price a bit if they haven't already.

I have a ton of different loaders, including a Rotor and 2 Prophecies. The Z2 and Spire are my favorites. Prophecy is a distant 3rd only because the shells are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Prophecy is a distant 3rd only because the shells are weak.
    yup, on my 2nd shell

Wink

High capacity Rotor or Spire.
    Both are about the same to me.

I've been running a HALO B since it came out. Warp with just a grav hopper on my Z. I have never have an issue with the feed rate or jamming on either. Once or twice during a day of play my lv.10 will have to do it's job. I've never had a break inside the hopper, but I'm also not running super brittle tourney paint (usually marbs). I would have to start having these problems before I bought something to fix them.

I use a revvy. Lvl 10 kicks in once in a while, or if i forget to turn it on before a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    yup, on my 2nd shell
    But the loader itself feeds fantastically.

Spire or if you think you would work well with a Qloader

I feel like I can do better than my last reply.

Have you ever thought about your hopper? Had any thought at all? When I play with my spire, I don't think at all about it. Some magical genie puts the balls in my gun so quickly and consistently that I just take it for granted. Sometimes I don't even think about having a loader. That's what having a spire is like for me.

Old school 9-volt VL Revolution. Won't ever break, batteries hardly ever die, doesn't let me down.

For backup? ...another Revvy :-)

Valken Max. Picked one up a few weeks ago for $60 and am quite impressed in what you get for the money. Quick to take apart to clean, easy on batteries, fast and very light. I have Vlocity's / Halo's / Empire, and shelved them all for this loader.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by halB View Post
    I feel like I can do better than my last reply.

Have you ever thought about your hopper? Had any thought at all? When I play with my spire, I don't think at all about it. Some magical genie puts the balls in my gun so quickly and consistently that I just take it for granted. Sometimes I don't even think about having a loader. That's what having a spire is like for me.
    I can pretty much guarantee that if you're not thinking about your hopper, your opponent is.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Surprised nobody has mentioned it, Pinokios are fantastic.

Feeds consistently up to 25 bps (allegedly higher but I haven't tested it). Uses a "flapper" to activate, so it's very accurate regardless of how quiet or low-kick your gun is, and it doubles as a feed gate so nothing comes back up the feed. It's basically a revvy with a raceway, so it's consistent like a Halo but gentle on paint like a Revolution. Stock capacity is 250 balls which goes up to 400 when you install a nose-cone, and cleaning it is as easy as spraying water through it. Battery life is excellent compared to a forcefed loader, and there's no "tweaking" settings needed to get it shooting right; just an on/off button.

The only complaints I've heard are that it is a little larger/bulkier than newer forcefed loaders (OK, big deal, right? This is AO) and that the feednecks can crack (I've only seen this on ones that were sanded down). I've had two of them since they came out and I've had zero problems - no cracked shells, bad boards, broken balls, jams or misfeeds.

If the Pinokio sat lower to the marker I would get another one. For me it just sits too high off the marker. I loved mine and it worked great, never jammed or skipped a beat. I would use the nose cone and carry the small cap in my pocket. After the cone was empty I would switch to te regular cover and keep playing, or keep it and load 2 pods at a time.

I like my Vlocity jr with virtue board works great with all my mags guess I should get a rotor or Z2 for *****s and gigs