Thread: E-Mag Assembly

E-Mag Assembly

Hey,

So I have my hands on an E-Mag that is fresh back from Anno, and I've never done anything with mag's before. I have found a couple online guides and visuals on how to put what where, but figured I would post up here and see about any tips, tricks, or maybe if their is a prefered online manual to use?

Here is what I'm currently sitting with:

Thanks for any help!

MOTY3
    Wow that is one humdinger of a first post you have there. Sorry I can't help you but someone will chime in soon. I just want to know the story on this beautiful beast, and I must say for a Mag newcomer you aint messin around. Congrats on your beautiful marker and welcome to AO.

Edit...I assume it is yours...or are you puting it back together for a customer or something ?

here are some videos for the E-mag:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...YouTube-Videos

also PM Tuna or Big Evil...they can help ya out!

This is a friends gun, he collects all kinds of random/old stuff. Mainly angels and DM3's. He has most things shipped to me in the states, then I ship it in big groups to him in Norway (saves money). I have a supergame paintball weekend coming up, and he said I can go ahead and give this beast a try. He's never had one this torn apart, so he suggested I post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse42 View Post
    This is a friends gun, he collects all kinds of random/old stuff. Mainly angels and DM3's. He has most things shipped to me in the states, then I ship it in big groups to him in Norway (saves money). I have a supergame paintball weekend coming up, and he said I can go ahead and give this beast a try. He's never had one this torn apart, so he suggested I post here.
    very nice!!! well Tuna or Big Evil would ones o talk to. do you have all the internals?

I believe they are all there

I believe they are all there
    have you checked out those E-Mag videos? they are the assembly/disassembly videos.

I saw the post for them, but since I'm still at work, haven't had 90 minutes to sit and watch all of them....

I saw the post for them, but since I'm still at work, haven't had 90 minutes to sit and watch all of them....

its all good

MOTY3
    You should definitely post some more pics of that bad boy when you get it all together. Looks like he may have a Deadly Wind Dallara body there ? ( very desirable ). Is he a member here? If so he should show us some more of his sexy Mags.

I don't believe he is, I think he said something about it being a Phoenix?

Providing I have all the right parts, I hope to put it all together tonight. Looks like mainly just the board and trigger that needs to be put in, the fairly plug and play on the other parts.

Here is the picture of it after Anno before it was sent to me

These should also be helpful if you have not found them already.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/down...agexploded.pdf

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/html/xtras2.html
    The emag blown up diagram has all the parts labeled in this link, there is some other useful info in there as well.

MOTY3
    Oh yeah that's a Phoenix body . who did the anno if I may ask?

from the first pic, there is a FX annodizing barrel sock, so that's who i would assume did the anno.

Yes it is FX.

So I believe it is all put together, but it is missing the springs that go on the ball bearings for the safety, so I don't know if this will affect performance, or just the safety?

I aired it up, held air, then fired it. Bolt went about 3/4 forward and stopped. Thoughts?

Nevermind, just nevermind the air question....

*doesn't want to talk about retard moment*

Now when dry firing it would occasionally stop cycling, almost like the solonoid wouldn't push the sear back into position, and if I de-aired, then re-aired it, it would start working again. Does it just need a good lubing? And what are the recommended areas to lube, I've heard they are oil hogs?

Here's a tip: When you're reassembling after ano, make sure you get good ground connections. When replacing the ground pin where the battery pack connects, it may help to run a patch of fine sandpaper in the hole first. And where the board bolts to the frame (the ground screw) run that same piece of fine sandpaper over the flat part of the frame where the screw goes so that the back of the board makes good contact with bare metal.

Now when dry firing it would occasionally stop cycling, almost like the solonoid wouldn't push the sear back into position, and if I de-aired, then re-aired it, it would start working again. Does it just need a good lubing? And what are the recommended areas to lube, I've heard they are oil hogs?
    This sounds like bolt stick, go up in your carrer and yes, a lite sprits of oil for GP especially if its been sitting around for a while. I've been using tryflow for a good 8 years now but any PB oil will work fine.

Like already posted by Justin. Expose some bear metal, best thing to use is a tap (4-40) for the board screw. Just run it in and out a few times.
    Last edited by Ando; 08-15-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Out of curiousity, how much would it be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Out of curiousity, how much would it be worth?
    Really hard to value custom markers these days. Probably nothing near what you have into it....

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Really hard to value custom markers these days. Probably nothing near what you have into it....
    True, but $800 would be a common ballpark, don't you think? +/- $200 for rate of sale. In Norway, it should be worth more to someone willing to care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I bought it for $615 raw, also came with an ULE milled E-Mag rail and a ULE body. Shouldn't really say what the ordeal with the anno was, but it wasn't what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    True, but $800 would be a common ballpark, don't you think? +/- $200 for rate of sale. In Norway, it should be worth more to someone willing to care for it.
    Most markers are cheaper or identical in pricing, the used market is a complete bust though. Selling anything that isn't of the current year is a lose/lose endeavour :P

It's currently residing with impulse in oregon though.
    Last edited by Vegard; 08-23-2013 at 03:29 PM.

I bought it for $615 raw, also came with an ULE milled E-Mag rail and a ULE body. Shouldn't really say what the ordeal with the anno was, but it wasn't what you think.

Most markers are cheaper or identical in pricing, the used market is a complete bust though. Selling anything that isn't of the current year is a lose/lose endeavour :P

It's currently residing with impulse in oregon though.
    I'm guessing $250-300 in anodizing costs. $600-800 is probably a good ballpark.

Most markers are cheaper or identical in pricing, the used market is a complete bust though. Selling anything that isn't of the current year is a lose/lose endeavour
    MOST! Does not have automags under that category

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    MOST! Does not have automags under that category
    +1