Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are people achiving such sickeningly fast RT effect?

thats pretty fast

Other that sweet sound effect. What good really is that high rate of fire and un controllable trigger worth?

I always see people talking about how to get more reactivity or how to eliminate it.

How feasible is it to try and set-up a mag valve to RT just a little so that I can keep up on the speedball field without people looking at me funny?

Not challenging. I have one of my Micros set up using an X-valve with a standard R/T on/off assembly and when I feed it 950psi from a Ninja reg it pumps out a consistent 10-12bps or so. Fire in bursts and nobody is the wiser - plus it's not total overkill like a few of my others tend to be. I don't consider it "cheating" in recball when there are people ramping at 12.5-14bps with their electros.

Quote Originally Posted by paintballa69 View Post
    I always see people talking about how to get more reactivity or how to eliminate it.

How feasible is it to try and set-up a mag valve to RT just a little so that I can keep up on the speedball field without people looking at me funny?

My classic rt is running 900psi input with a y grip and everything else bone stock. I've never felt out gunned. No clue what bps that is. Its borderline on what stock halo too settings can feed if I shot a 2 or 3 sec string. But totally controllable for single shot 3 round burst. Or fast semi auto with assisted bounce.

But these videos are sweet. And I'm still impressed that loader feed rate has got to the point it can keep up with a fast shooting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I don't consider it "cheating" in recball when there are people ramping at 12.5-14bps with their electros.
    That's the idea that I've got. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Or fast semi auto with assisted bounce.
    Exactly what I'm going for.

Thanks fellers, I need to get out an start tuning her up.

EDIT: I'm curious though, can you still fire single shots?
    Last edited by Billz804; 08-16-2013 at 10:47 PM.

With my setup I can single shot easy. Just pull the trigger to the stop. And release

BT a friend of mine had a nasty head on auto accident,saw it coming and on instinct put his hands on the dash (he was a passenger)Messed up his wrists,elbows and hands fairly badly,his hands weren't weak really but any strong gripping hurt and his hands would eventually fail losing any grip.
    Reason I am mentioning it we put a zgrip on my classic rt,glued a neoprene pad on the back of the frame,built a half inch spacer and used a ndz kick to build a more spaced out "cripple-z"(no offense that's whats its called).So he rested the tank on his shoulder supported its weight with his shoulder and the backs of his hands,he also crossed his middle finger over his index and used that to squeeze the end of the trigger.Its worth a shot to see if a zgrip makes playing easier

Someday I'll have my zgripped Rt classic back. But I'm really happy with what I got atm

my bros x rts super easy, shot this today at the feild and its pretty fast, i threw his tank on one of my guns with a gauge and it was rt'ing with his reg that that puts out a little more than 800...id like to see his mag with one of my ninja 1100 tank...i should have taken the camera off my barrel before shooting this but here it is anyways...v35 halo with well used batteries, no breaks and the level 10 kicked in once...not bad

http://contour.com/stories/rt-action

I'll post a clear video of my mag rt-ing eventually, don't have anything really planned tomorrow, so tomorrow is possibly a filming day

Besides pressure, you have to have good flow and bottle reg response. Now that most of us use ninja regs, it hasn't been an issue. Fewer hoses and fittings helps, although I think my inline maxflo on remote did as well as a bottom mount shp. My agd 3k bottle on remote never did rt more than a couple of shots, even at 1000psi. Blocked/skinny ports and narrow Id hoses can be a problem too.

For sure...asa to valve > asa to gas through to valve...for speed on your mag anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Besides pressure, you have to have good flow and bottle reg response. Now that most of us use ninja regs, it hasn't been an issue. Fewer hoses and fittings helps, although I think my inline maxflo on remote did as well as a bottom mount shp. My agd 3k bottle on remote never did rt more than a couple of shots, even at 1000psi. Blocked/skinny ports and narrow Id hoses can be a problem too.
    I know a I had a nitroduck and a pure energy I had outputting at 1100-1200 and I could only get bursts out of it. With the Ninja tank at 1100 I can hold that RT for an entire hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    For sure...asa to valve > asa to gas through to valve...for speed on your mag anyways
    I'm not sure if I agree with that. I have found my mag with gas-thru rt's way faster than all my others without. I even tried it with a direct hook-up and I couldn't achieve the rates I wanted.I have no explanation for this, I just know it makes a difference.

I grind all my pins down to around .730. I found this with a 1000-1200psi output tank will get you optimal RT performance (mid 20's) with the ability to semi. If you can find a Geddon, buy it. They are hands down the best regs for a mag due to how high you can get them adjusted (1400 psi with no mods). You can also adjust them on the fly during a game to either take on the kiddies with space di!dos or for those one ball situations. Down side to them is the amount of weight they bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Other that sweet sound effect. What good really is that high rate of fire and un controllable trigger worth?
    agreed.

rarily shoot my mags at over 8 bps. hell, rarely shoot any gun i own at over 8 bps.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I tried everything, but nothing worked until I sent my valves back to AGD to tune, clean, and file down the ON\OFF pins to make them "bouncy". Then, the SHP Nina tank, and blammo! I have an E-MAG and regular X that both rip in exactly the same way with control. Roman did one at AGD. Dave did the other at AGD.