Thread: CL: Automag for $40.00 (MA/Andover)

CL: Automag for $40.00 (MA/Andover)

AO: Here is a "broken" automag for a good price...

AGD - Automag classic with Palmer's Pursuit custom barrel (needs repairs, leaks out of barrel. Will help you to troubleshoot it, but I don't have air to test it) - 40$

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/spo/4003327266.html

I have already been in contact with this guy, he actually wants $60 (he is firm) for it claiming that it was a mistake. Any idea what the barrel is worth?
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 08-16-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Weird that he doesn't have the original barrel. What Level and any stars?
    It's a Mag, how hard could it be to fix?

If I was in the market I'd take a chance.

I've only played a couple of times out here and I don't recall seeing any other Mags except with team Mass Casualty.
    Forest Gump of paintball

I also emailed him. I offered a bit less than $40, and he replied in a not-so-nice fashion.

Oh well. CL deal, I will have you one day..

should we all offer him 40? he'll crack

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    should we all offer him 40? he'll crack
    Hehehehe!!!!

here's the email

tp3vs-4003327266@sale.craigslist.org

ill shoot him one right now

I asked to do 45 shipped to WI

Forget that, offer $35! Who posts something on Craigslist and expects to receive their asking price?

Was his name "Patrick" by any chance? If so, this is one of my old mags. The Andover location, RC gear, the Mongoose and the Tippmann make me think that's him; he's not a bad guy and it is a nice marker at $60 (very nice at $40).

I don't have his name but he has been an alright guy to deal with. Kind of annoying that he posted for $40 and won't go below $60. I told him that I would need to spend $15 to fix the leak (not %100 true I will admit) and offered him $50 and he so he would not go below $60. I still might get it an part it out but, not really sure it is worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeK View Post
    Weird that he doesn't have the original barrel. What Level and any stars?
    It's a Mag, how hard could it be to fix?

If I was in the market I'd take a chance.

I've only played a couple of times out here and I don't recall seeing any other Mags except with team Mass Casualty.
    It is a Minimag valve with four stars.

The only other unique thing about the gun is two holes drilled in the back of the rail underneath the valve. I think maybe for the back bottle adapter, not sure though. Does that sound familiar to you Frizzle?

The PPS barrel will set you back at least $80 on its own. If it's my old marker it's got a Level 10 inside... Anyhow hopefully someone gets a deal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    It is a Minimag valve with four stars... The only other unique thing about the gun is two holes drilled in the back of the rail underneath the valve. I am not sure what they are there for. Does that sound familiar to you Frizzle?
    I believe it did have a Minimag valve and the rail was factory drilled for a backbottle adapter (back when AO loved that LOL). The guy had a mag that was giving him issues. All the troubleshooting in the world an I couldn't get it to gas up; it was cursed. I sold him the complete functional marker, an extra "classic" valve, a Tribal Mephisto 2.2 with Punishers mods, and a Tippmann Freak kit with a blue tip. As I recall his only electro was a Diablo Mongoose until he got the Mephisto. IIRC this was around 2003/04ish.

I just emailed him again asking about lvl 10. If it has one, I am going to take it. There are a few parts I need from it anyways. Thanks for the info Frizzle, BTW I guess I have to ask, is it safe to assume you are a Primus fan?

Primus Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Primus Sucks.
    Ha, they have been one of my favorite bands since high school. I try to see them whenever they tour. Always a good show.

Kayso I talked to Patrick, this is in fact his sale. It's not Level 10 (memory has failed me) but Level 7 with a venturi bolt.

He said no to 45$shipped.

Not to beat on anyone here, but it's gonna cost at least $10 to ship this thing. Classic mags sell for $80-$100 on here all the time in working condition with a stock barrel or standard barrel. A leaky power tube o-ring and a palmers barrel sound like a wash when it comes to how they effect pricing. Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen the guy or the marker in at least 5 years but he was pretty up on mags and what they're worth, so I can't blame him for not taking $35 for it.

I'm really tempted to buy this just because it's so cheap and near by. I have no NEED of it whatsoever. But it's SO CHEAP and NEARBYE!..... hmmmm

^^^You should BUY it. Know why. Cause its so damn CHEAP AND near by.

*****in' new avatar, Beemer. Damn cool.