Thread: Custom Micro Emag Build Help!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Micro Emag Build Help!!

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a micromag body (See pic below), and looking a putting that together with an Emag. I've searched around this forum and others (PBN & MCB) and haven't found too great of previous examples. Is this difficult to build? What parts would I need other than the ones I have (micro body, stock minimag, and stock emag)? I'd be willing to buy these if anyone has them to sell!!!

Been plain ball since early 2000's but never messed w/ mags too much and could really use some help from you seasoned builders. I've seen some incredible custom builds on here and want one of my own

Name:  $(KGrHqV,!rMFH62G+hQdBS!tFOsH2Q~~60_57.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  73.2 KB

All the best,

Mike

Check with Frizzle Fry. There is a spacer you need and think IIRC you need a special sear. There is also a vanity plate for the front that is optional but definitely makes it look more finished.

Just sent him a pm. Thanks for the referral!! Are these parts hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by white81 View Post
    Just sent him a pm. Thanks for the referral!! Are these parts hard to find?
    Think he had a spare spacer. The vanity plate and sear are difficult.

Thanks for the plug OPBN! Shameless coming from me, polite coming from a fellow member LOL.

White81:
    OPBN hit the nail on the head!

In this case you're going to need to either modify your emag sear by grinding down the bearing, or seek out one of the elusive (I'm not parting with any) PTP sears which work in Micro2000 and earlier Micromags as well as "classic" Automag rails, using a classic-style or proprietary axle. Without this, it will not even fit in the marker, let alone work.

The second thing you will need is an equally elusive "micro emag spacer" which fits between the frame and the body.This does double duty as a spacer to make the the tolerances right for emag lowers (easier to tune), and protecting the internal electronics (the top of the battery posts would be exposed without it. Again, shameless plug though it might be, I do have one of these for sale and they are very hard to find.

Third, you will want to use an RT valve of some kind, not a classic valve. ReTro, RT Pro, Micro RT, Emag, Emaxx, X-valve, etc would be the valve that you'll want to use. When it comes to on/off length, it varies a little bit and you'll want to use a quad o-ring no matter what. Stock Emag length is .712 which is fine if you're using stock AGD Emag bodies and rails, but even "factory" MicroEmag designs predate stock AGD Emag bodies and rails believe it or not! I've found that the ideal length tends to be around .728 for Micro2000s/MicroEmag 2000s, but your best bet is to get a longer pin (.750-.770) and file off a tiny bit, then a tiny bit more, and test to get it right where it needs to be - sounds like a pain but it'll get your marker shooting perfectly!

Lastly, the "vanity plate". Hard to find, but functionally nonessential. Basically a small plate that bolts to the body where the vertical air source adapter would be, and makes the marker look streamlined and complete. Without this plate your marker will shoot perfectly fine, but it will look incomplete (and in my opinion kind of ugly). I also have one of these for sale with the spacer. Again, not necessary to make the marker function, but then again neither are grips right? Or pretty anodizing? And guns can all just be brick shaped like a shocker.

Anyhow you're looking at a fun project and it will not be tough to get it going. Your biggest hurdles will be modifying your emag sear and filing down your on/off pin - not terribly hard things to do, but the rest will just be bolting on parts and tuning, so more difficult by comparison. Just keep in mind, most threads/ posts that you'll find about MicroEmags are referring to the Micro2000 bodies or the MM2K9 bodies - the measurements you'll find will, for the most part, not be relevant to your build.

I'm just surprised my age adled brain remembered. IIRC there was another member that has one as well. Keeping that one to myself in case I need it. Lol