Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qloader Advice

Qloader Advice

I feel that I got really lucky yesterday and picked up a Qloader system on craigslist for $50. The previous owner said he attempted to put it on one of his markers a few years ago but had installation issues (he didn't elaborate). Almost everything was still in the plastic and came with 5 100 round Qpods. After setting up the system on a classic mag this morning, it took me about 3 hours to get the system to work properly. From what I could tell; Qloaders do not like re-balls, proper pre-winding is a MUST (something the previous owner, I feel, didn't understand) and since it had been sitting around a few years a few drops of oil seemed to help things. Is there anything else I should be aware of with this system?

I shot about 100 rounds with it and was really impressed with it. I noticed that a Qpod is slightly larger that a normal pod and they don't fit in any of my current packs. Any advice on a good pack for these Qpods? I assume anything with elastic will help.

For anyone that has used/uses this system, in your opinion, is it worth it? I definitely like the idea of moving the loader under the barrel. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Sounds like you got the gist of it actually. The learning curve seems to be in the prewinding and just getting used to it. Took my brother some time to get used to it, but he liked it. He has been playing with his Phenom lately, so doesnt use it as much anymore.

For the pods, we just took his stock pod pack, sliced the sides and sewed elastic strips inside them. Seemed to work well for him.

Yup p, like mentioned above that seems to be the normal learning curve. If you don't want a DIY job on your pod pack the I suggest going to your local store and checking each pod pack and see what you like best and take a pod with you to see what fits well. Most if not all sleeves on pod packs will work. And you did get a very good deal on everything. If you take the time to truly learn the system it will pay off well.

I'm a Qloader tech so contact me if you/need any help, tech tips, or troubleshooting or any other questions in general. I will be more than happy to help.

I didn't think about adding elastic to my current pack. That sounds like it will work well. Thanks.

I will definitely contact you if I have a problem, Freddy500. I initially tried using two types of a generic reuseble paintballs in the loader and had feed issues (the balls wouldn't advance) but marbelizer had no issues (once I fully understood pre-winding). Is this a common problem? Or was it the generic re-balls causing the problem?

Qloaders aren't meant to work with ANY reballs. Feeding problems can actually cause spiral fractures in the plastic gears inside the Q-pods (I've seen this first-hand). IIRC, using reballs also voids the warranty. So don't do that, lol

Like Justus said, no reballs, ever. Now what I would do is pick up a bag or so of really thick shelled paint, like really think, and use that as "test paint". Load and unload your Qpods the night before a day of play and see if they are all good to go. This way you have paint to load, unload and reload again, to practically use as reballs but not completly, just don't use the paint. It's very useful to have that spare bag of paint that is hard to break for tests.

Good to know. I hate the mess of paintball but I'll know better next time. Thanks.

Yep reballs are a no-go with the q system. Lets see how you have yours set up.

This wasn't the mag I wanted to attach it to. My other mag is having some "issues". Waiting for parts.
    Name:  DSC_4886.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  45.3 KBName:  DSC_4888.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Like Justus said, no reballs, ever. Now what I would do is pick up a bag or so of really thick shelled paint, like really think, and use that as "test paint". Load and unload your Qpods the night before a day of play and see if they are all good to go. This way you have paint to load, unload and reload again, to practically use as reballs but not completly, just don't use the paint. It's very useful to have that spare bag of paint that is hard to break for tests.
    I never thought that I would be buying thick shelled paint before but this makes a lot of sense.

I picked up a box of JT Big Ball. My buddy told me when he was test firing one of his markers while using this brand, they bounced off of a pallet he was using as a target. Hopefully these will work well for me.

32 Degrees used to make a winter paint also, that was tough as nails. May keep an eye out for it as well. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    I picked up a box of JT Big Ball. My buddy told me when he was test firing one of his markers while using this brand, they bounced off of a pallet he was using as a target. Hopefully these will work well for me.
    Make sure they fit in well, also make sure they are not completely malformed like some JT paint I have seen. The Qloader rarely ever has paint sizing problems but you can never be to safe. And another thing, get a cheap electro hopper (Revy,vlocity,beat up halo) that doesn't jam and use that to load pods, it's an ease and you can do it by yourself. Also I use Marbz winter grade paint from my local field, it works great. Really look for private label paint that's made specially for fields, they are often engineered for Tippmans and by default are thick shelled to provide a happier less choppier day of play for 98% of the playing populous. This is good for you because if a Tippmann can't break/chop it then a Qloader doesn't have a shot in hell at denting it.

Also a fun(ny) fact for what I use to do back in the days of me being a broke ass teen, I lost/broke a silo when I had some Gen 1 pods, so me being broke, I duct taped shake and shoot to the top of a length of feed tube and shoved that in the crank, so I would always have to shake the heck out of this hopper with one hand and load with the other. I was often a pre-game laughing stock at my field until I started focusing on hopper hitting people. Now that is fun.

The paint seems perfectly round. No dimples or off round that I could see. I checked before leaving the store but I will keep my eye out for winter balls too. I didn't get what you meant by using a revy or motorized hopper initially. However, as I am typing this I think it came to me. Instead of using the silo (which is a pain) hook up the revy to the hose leading to the winder. I'm definitely trying that tomorrow when I get some free time.

I have never seen a Qloader at any of the fields that I play at. I'm sure to have a few funny looks coming my way. Should be a conversation started for sure.

The paint seems perfectly round. No dimples or off round that I could see. I checked before leaving the store but I will keep my eye out for winter balls too. I didn't get what you meant by using a revy or motorized hopper initially. However, as I am typing this I think it came to me. Instead of using the silo (which is a pain) hook up the revy to the hose leading to the winder. I'm definitely trying that tomorrow when I get some free time.

I have never seen a Qloader at any of the fields that I play at. I'm sure to have a few funny looks coming my way. Should be a conversation started for sure.
    Yup that's for sure. And if your trying the hopper then don't even use any feed tubing. Just a hopper that is not sound activated and pop tha right into the crank. You load a Qpod in 3 or so seconds if your in a hurry. What I'm actually thinking about now is getting something like an extended pinokio for the sake of quick and easy reloaded without having to reload the hopper every 2 pods. As for the paint, I would just make sure it fits fine into the Qpods and crank and you should be fine. You are 99.9% likely to have a good paint size.

Any more problems or tips just ask

Well JT Big Ball was a big disappointment. For the most part the paint was fine but one in about 100 was abby-normal. Although I didn't see it, the Qpods sure found em. I'm definitely sticking to using marballizer from now on. Hopefully I'll find some of the winter grade Freedy was talking about.

Well JT Big Ball was a big disappointment. For the most part the paint was fine but one in about 100 was abby-normal. Although I didn't see it, the Qpods sure found em. I'm definitely sticking to using marballizer from now on. Hopefully I'll find some of the winter grade Freedy was talking about.
    Ask your local field about what they do for winter or colder weather paint, we use this stuff year round because it works real well with tippmanns operating at a high pressure. I would also go to you local store and ask/look around for any trusted name-brand winter grade paint, usually you will see a label on their stating the fill and type. You should be seeing some winter grade paint coming soon seeing that the weather is only going to be getting colder. But any thick shelled paint works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    For the pods, we just took his stock pod pack, sliced the sides and sewed elastic strips inside them. Seemed to work well for him.
    Just when I was about to buy my elastic (I really enjoy being the only straight guy in the fabric store), that morning this was posted on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261274240135...84.m1497.l2649

I think it was fate. It arrived today and although the +1 for the tank is at the end instead of the middle like they usually are, I think I'll get used to it.

Name:  DSC_5105.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  41.2 KB

Just when I was about to buy my elastic (I really enjoy being the only straight guy in the fabric store), that morning this was posted on ebay;

I think it was fate. It arrived today and although the +1 for the tank is at the end instead of the middle like they usually are, I think I'll get used to it.

Very cool. We were trying to work with what we had, but for $10... Can't go wrong.

Also, being in a fabric store doesnt make you gay. Having sex with other men does.

Ha that's weird, I actually just found 2 of those from the big shipment I got from Qloader. I didn't put them up for sale because I like them so much the padding on the inside is pretty nice, to bad they can't hold anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    being in a fabric store doesnt make you gay. Having sex with other men does.
    Now you tell me! - Actually Halloween is my favorite holiday and as such, I am no stranger to the fabric store. I was just tryin to make a funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Ha that's weird, I actually just found 2 of those from the big shipment I got from Qloader. I didn't put them up for sale because I like them so much the padding on the inside is pretty nice, to bad they can't hold anymore.
    Well, I only have the 5 loaders. With one on the gun and 4 on the belt, it'll work well for me. You could possibly sew in some elastic in between the pod holders if you were comfortable with your sewing ability. You are correct about the comfort. It is nice.

Well, I only have the 5 loaders. With one on the gun and 4 on the belt, it'll work well for me. You could possibly sew in some elastic in between the pod holders if you were comfortable with your sewing ability. You are correct about the comfort. It is nice.
    Not comfortable with my abilities at all haha. I never sewed much because I haven't had to much. I guess I will find some good practice and then get to it on the pack. And for the price they are a great pack. I use them whenever I'm playing a short game or am using a non-electro.

Another option would be to find a Tailor. It wouldn't take too much to add elastic to this. If you brought the right type of elastic to the tailer, brought a qpod for size (make sure they know it needs to be snug), I would guess it would cost between $10-$20. I'd talk with the tailor first and see if he/she would take the job and if they had any insight as to what type of elastic to buy.

i was going to suggest this pack but i see you already got one fstop lol http://www.qloader.com/products/reck...oader-harness/

Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    i was going to suggest this pack but i see you already got one fstop lol http://www.qloader.com/products/reck...oader-harness/
    I have one of those, great idea and all but they are a pain because the sleeves are so easy to loose.

I used the qloader setup on Saturday. Out of habit I grabbed my qpods from the bottom instead of pushing them down from up top. As a result the pod came apart. This happened about 3 times before I adjusted. The last time it happened the spring became hopelessly tangled on itself. I ended up mangling the spring to get it apart. Anyone think this could be put back together without disastrous results?

Name:  DSC_5106.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  54.0 KB

On a positive note; once I got used to the system I really had great results with it. I noticed on multiple occasions that people didn't notice me because they didn't see my hopper. Think I could get used to that.

That spring is toast. You're never going to get it fixed and working properly - just buy a new one.

If you're pulling off the end caps, either 1) get a vest or pod pouch that isn't so dang tight, or 2) insert your pods upside down so you're grabbing them from the bottom.

In all the years of working with this system I have never seen that happen so bad.

Will get a little care package together for ya