Thread: Eclipse Splash Kits

Eclipse Splash Kits

Hi All,

Question:

What exactly came with a eclipse splash kit, frame, barrel, etc. for it to be considered full?

I see some kits with a gas thru expansion chamber, some with just a plain annoed grip did it bring both? also some with a fore grip adapter?

Just curious..

thanks

I am no expert on this at all, but back in '93 when I bought mine, you could get as many pieces as you wanted to pay for. A full kit has the trigger frame, trigger, duckbill asa, vasa, expansion chamber or foregrip, feed plug, tourney lock, rail, sight rail, gas thru stock, etc. A tank was also available. Im not sure if all these pieces were available from Eclipse or not, but Smart Parts did all of those. Heres a pic of mine which I consider complete:

And a sig from TK doesn't hurt:

At the time a single trigger was not available in splash which is why all the trigger frames got cut. I decided to cut a double trigger into a single as to preserve the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    At the time a single trigger was not available in splash which is why all the trigger frames got cut. I decided to cut a double trigger into a single as to preserve the frame.
    Right on! Looks good.

My research I ended up finding an order form for Eclipse Splash parts, and they had 4 major brands that they were designing these kits around. Angel, Cocker, Spyder and of course AGD gear. I just kept my eye out on eBay for the items I was looking for.

At one point I had two rails, and a completely different front grip. (again sold on eBay later)

IIRC, there were different types of kits available. Some complete, some not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    IIRC, there were different types of kits available. Some complete, some not.
    I haven't done a lot of research because of how confusing the Eclipse vs. Smart Part splash stuff is.....

From their website in 1998.
    Kit A:

Kit B:

Later they included the fore grip in their kits. Below is a picture of one in the box.

They sold a lot of splash kits in the past, but they did come out with a few fully custom eclipse automags.

Wow kwik that is pretty much the most complete one I have seen. Is that the smart parts set though? dont see the eclipse branding on the rail sight or rail.

Bunny yeah the confusion for me was the smart parts and eclipse set how to tell them apart.

Thanks all for responding..

I've had a hard time locating non splashed eclipse kits, but I found a couple...

Also if you want PM your email, and I can send you those catalog pages. They are around the internet somewhere. But I am pretty sure I still have em on file so I knew what to look for.

^pm'd

Its a Smart Parts kit that took 2 years to collect all of the pieces off of 3 or 4 guns. I would have to buy a gun just for the barrel or something. The barrel is actually a " rain barrel " as it has no porting. They came out right at the end of splashes popularity. Most of them produced were solid colors. I have never seen another like it. The Eclipse parts have the different milling and badges on the rails and sight rails, but I don't think there's any difference in the other parts.