Thread: New Idea for Mags of the Month

New Idea for Mags of the Month

Was looking through the MOTM threads the other day and thought of something that I think would be interesting. I know there are some hardcore gun whores around here, hopefully enough to be able to make a go at such a competition. Here's the angle. There are IMO, 4 types of Mags. Mechanical, E-Mag (electro), Pneu Mag, and Pump Mag. How about having a special MOTM, where entrys have to be able to cover all four categories? In otherwards, each person entering has to have one of each category and the judging/voting is on the group of markers offered up by each entry? If 4 is too many, perhaps we could reduce it to three, but each has to be from a different category... I would also say one of the ground rules is each marker has to be complete, including a barrel.

Anyone else think it would be interesting?

Maybe... But not every month

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Maybe... But not every month
    Yeah, I meant just a once a year kind of thing.

I'd love to see the every month categories broken up like that. Maybe overkill but you could to it like the dog show. 4 Best in Class and 1 Best in Show

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    I'd love to see the every month categories broken up like that. Maybe overkill but you could to it like the dog show. 4 Best in Class and 1 Best in Show
    Not enough participation. Maybe once a year. My idea though was for a group contest. A vote for which member has the "total package".

Looks like I'm going to have to build myself a pnuemag...thanks OPBN

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Not enough participation. Maybe once a year. My idea though was for a group contest. A vote for which member has the "total package".
    And participation is what makes it interesting. Even when someone throws up a bone stock mag, it's interesting to see what people consider their best. There are definitely some odd niches that play out in the voting (like micros and pumps).

I have thought about throwing mine in but the someone puts one up that makes me have a moment and I run away

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    I have thought about throwing mine in but the someone puts one up that makes me have a moment and I run away
    Which is sort if the beauty as you are getting judged on your group rather than one.

I like the idea. Makes me wish I didn't sell a few guns already.

i like the idea, not sure if adding a pump to the plethora of builds i have going is a good thing but whynot..

The only problem I see with the scenario is that 3 of my 4 are still works in progress, lol! Functional, but custom milling and anodizing are not complete. Still, I like the idea. Maybe instead of a MOTM, we should just have a "Fill the stables" thread where members can just post pics of the best of their collection in each/all categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    The only problem I see with the scenario is that 3 of my 4 are still works in progress, lol! Functional, but custom milling and anodizing are not complete. Still, I like the idea. Maybe instead of a MOTM, we should just have a "Fill the stables" thread where members can just post pics of the best of their collection in each/all categories.
    Figures the guy from a liberal state wants to give everybody an award. Lol.

Just kidding. But a little competition never hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Figures the guy from a liberal state wants to give everybody an award. Lol.

Just kidding. But a little competition never hurt.
    Haha, no prob. I'm just concerned that participation might not be up to par, so keeping it open allows people to just continually add their submissions. No deadline.

Edit: Not married to that idea of course, no problem if there is to be a competition an then open submission afterward as well. Maybe just open submission and then once a year gather all the pics from that year and put it in a COTY (Collection of the Year) competition? Just trying to think outside the box and keep it going.
    Last edited by Justus; 08-21-2013 at 08:30 PM.

I can certainly do it next month but we would have to agree on what are the conditions for participating. I mean, one poll for each category or a collection poll, as originally suggested?

Exclamation Useless Useless

You guys may as well just give the prize to Mendel.

He has more guns than the Brazilian Army.

Um, I would consider XMags to really be a separate category from emags. I would also look at pulling the pump mag. It is a very limited category that a lot of mag owners don't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Um, I would consider XMags to really be a separate category from emags. I would also look at pulling the pump mag. It is a very limited category that a lot of mag owners don't follow.
    I'm lumping in all electronic framed mags into one category. E-mag, Hyperframe, VER/E90, Ego mag etc.

just keep it simple man...open class or classic.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    just keep it simple man...open class or classic.
    Agreed. We have times when we can't even fill those 2

Fo Sho DooD!!!

Again, I wasnt trying to reinvent the wheel, just was trying to think of a possible once a year or twice a year or heck even a one time fun contest. No reason to overthink it.

im pretty sure i have entered a gun every month for atleast the last 6 months at least in 1 section and some times in both.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You guys may as well just give the prize to Mendel.

He has more guns than the Brazilian Army.

LOL I wish!

So, I assembled the poll to gather what we will do next month. Vote here, please:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...September-MOTM