Thread: Ben Affleck confirmed to play Batman in 2015 Man of Steel sequel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ben Affleck confirmed to play Batman in 2015 Man of Steel sequel

As the title says, Ben Affleck has been tapped to don the cape and cowl.

Personally, I'm going to try and stay neutral. He's been on a roll lately and has grown considerably since Daredevil. And if you remember, people threw fits when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

Thoughts?

I'm not pleased...

I'm not saying he hasn't grown, but he hasn't grown into this role. I've enjoyed his serious roles and his action flicks but I honestly do not believe he has it in him to play Batman, even as a secondary character in a Superman story. He has just as much business wearing that cape as George Clooney did; none.

Crap on this if you will, but I was hoping Patrick Dempsey would end up in the role.

I'm sorry I didnt know batman was set to die yet...

OK. I'm one of the few that liked him as DD. The movie was weak. But not really his fault. But Batman????? Come on now! I'll give him a chance. But I expect nothing good will come of this.

He's got the look. But he's going to HAVE to bring a lot more "smart confidence" to the role than any of his past work. I can't think of him in a movie where he was outgoing and brash, and smart. He was either outgoing and brash (Good Will Hunting) and dumb as a box of rocks, or he was at least moderately intelligent (everything else) yet weak and timid.

A guy who I think has the personality to pull it off, but definitely not the look, is Mark Wahlberg. (Think: Italian Job; Shooter) Same predicament, Matt Damon (Bourne movies)

I guess that's really the question. People all complain about Affleck taking the role, but who did we really WANT in the role in the first place? (Keeping in mind that Bale said that he wouldn't do another Batman role without Nolan.)