Thread: Grease spitting and Whistling RT

Question Grease spitting and Whistling RT

My brother bought a used RT and we took it out to play and test it this weekend and it dun wierd things.... Tank is hooked up and all is fine until air blows out the back throught the velocity adjusting wrench hole....it also makes a high pitch whistling at the same time and it stops when you remove tank or fire a round off and all is fine until it randomly does it again.... I have an RT but have never had this problem....Anyone share this in common? I could use the help....
    thanks

Jeff

Check the velocity

Gas it up with teh trigger pulled

Look for dirt on teh reg seat / reg valve pin

make sure you snapping the oring witha good blast of air.

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Question Thanks Rob

Thanks for the help....I'm working on it now but I don't understand what you mean by snapping the O-ring with a good blast of air...

Jeff

He means instead of a screw in, you should get an on off tank, or an on-off slide check or on off asa.
    StEEl Grey SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine
    Yellow to Orange Fade Defiant
    14in Boomstick-TI
    Orange Fade Warp/Orange-Faded Turbo Rev
    Crossfire LPR 68/4500 w/ red cover
    Black: Stickies, Lapco Drop, Macro.
    PMI 68/4500 w/ Black DYE Cover

Ï ØwÑ ÿØú

make sure you have a good amount of pressure in it to

Question

I have an RT PRO and the same thing has been happening to me ever since an airsmith took apart my regulator to change an O ring.

It seems that the regulator body comes loose after I dry fire it 6-9 times before putting it away. The next time I hook up the air, it leaks badly. I then have to take the regulator apart and hand tighten it. This usually solves the leaking problem, until the next time.

I know I don't pump up the pressure since I have to pump it up after fixing the leak.