Thread: Qloader Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Qloader Advice

I feel that I got really lucky yesterday and picked up a Qloader system on craigslist for $50. The previous owner said he attempted to put it on one of his markers a few years ago but had installation issues (he didn't elaborate). Almost everything was still in the plastic and came with 5 100 round Qpods. After setting up the system on a classic mag this morning, it took me about 3 hours to get the system to work properly. From what I could tell; Qloaders do not like re-balls, proper pre-winding is a MUST (something the previous owner, I feel, didn't understand) and since it had been sitting around a few years a few drops of oil seemed to help things. Is there anything else I should be aware of with this system?

I shot about 100 rounds with it and was really impressed with it. I noticed that a Qpod is slightly larger that a normal pod and they don't fit in any of my current packs. Any advice on a good pack for these Qpods? I assume anything with elastic will help.

For anyone that has used/uses this system, in your opinion, is it worth it? I definitely like the idea of moving the loader under the barrel. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Sounds like you got the gist of it actually. The learning curve seems to be in the prewinding and just getting used to it. Took my brother some time to get used to it, but he liked it. He has been playing with his Phenom lately, so doesnt use it as much anymore.

For the pods, we just took his stock pod pack, sliced the sides and sewed elastic strips inside them. Seemed to work well for him.

Yup p, like mentioned above that seems to be the normal learning curve. If you don't want a DIY job on your pod pack the I suggest going to your local store and checking each pod pack and see what you like best and take a pod with you to see what fits well. Most if not all sleeves on pod packs will work. And you did get a very good deal on everything. If you take the time to truly learn the system it will pay off well.

I'm a Qloader tech so contact me if you/need any help, tech tips, or troubleshooting or any other questions in general. I will be more than happy to help.

I will definitely contact you if I have a problem, Freddy500. I initially tried using two types of a generic reuseble paintballs in the loader and had feed issues (the balls wouldn't advance) but marbelizer had no issues (once I fully understood pre-winding). Is this a common problem? Or was it the generic re-balls causing the problem?

Qloaders aren't meant to work with ANY reballs. Feeding problems can actually cause spiral fractures in the plastic gears inside the Q-pods (I've seen this first-hand). IIRC, using reballs also voids the warranty. So don't do that, lol

Like Justus said, no reballs, ever. Now what I would do is pick up a bag or so of really thick shelled paint, like really think, and use that as "test paint". Load and unload your Qpods the night before a day of play and see if they are all good to go. This way you have paint to load, unload and reload again, to practically use as reballs but not completly, just don't use the paint. It's very useful to have that spare bag of paint that is hard to break for tests.

Good to know. I hate the mess of paintball but I'll know better next time. Thanks.

I didn't think about adding elastic to my current pack. That sounds like it will work well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    For the pods, we just took his stock pod pack, sliced the sides and sewed elastic strips inside them. Seemed to work well for him.
    Just when I was about to buy my elastic (I really enjoy being the only straight guy in the fabric store), that morning this was posted on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261274240135...84.m1497.l2649

I think it was fate. It arrived today and although the +1 for the tank is at the end instead of the middle like they usually are, I think I'll get used to it.

Name:  DSC_5105.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  41.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    Just when I was about to buy my elastic (I really enjoy being the only straight guy in the fabric store), that morning this was posted on ebay;

I think it was fate. It arrived today and although the +1 for the tank is at the end instead of the middle like they usually are, I think I'll get used to it.

Very cool. We were trying to work with what we had, but for $10... Can't go wrong.

Also, being in a fabric store doesnt make you gay. Having sex with other men does.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    being in a fabric store doesnt make you gay. Having sex with other men does.
    Now you tell me! - Actually Halloween is my favorite holiday and as such, I am no stranger to the fabric store. I was just tryin to make a funny.

Ha that's weird, I actually just found 2 of those from the big shipment I got from Qloader. I didn't put them up for sale because I like them so much the padding on the inside is pretty nice, to bad they can't hold anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Ha that's weird, I actually just found 2 of those from the big shipment I got from Qloader. I didn't put them up for sale because I like them so much the padding on the inside is pretty nice, to bad they can't hold anymore.
    Well, I only have the 5 loaders. With one on the gun and 4 on the belt, it'll work well for me. You could possibly sew in some elastic in between the pod holders if you were comfortable with your sewing ability. You are correct about the comfort. It is nice.

Well, I only have the 5 loaders. With one on the gun and 4 on the belt, it'll work well for me. You could possibly sew in some elastic in between the pod holders if you were comfortable with your sewing ability. You are correct about the comfort. It is nice.
    Not comfortable with my abilities at all haha. I never sewed much because I haven't had to much. I guess I will find some good practice and then get to it on the pack. And for the price they are a great pack. I use them whenever I'm playing a short game or am using a non-electro.