View Poll Results: September/13 MOTM Options

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • OPEN / CLASSIC

8 22.86%
  • Collection OTM (regardless of what it is)

10 28.57%
  • 4 Marker Types (Mech, Electro, Pneu, Pump)

12 34.29%
  • 3 Marker Types (Mech, Electro, Pneu)

5 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, September MOTM??'

So, September MOTM??'

I thought about doing a poll so we could gather what people want to do next month.

EDIT: Let me clarify what I was thinking a little bit better, so that we avoid confusion. I really though of something that shows someone's collection of Mags. It's not that I would do 3 or 4 separate categories as we do every month, as I believe that would just be a little bit more of the same and we would risk having few contestants afterall. My idea would be to have a single picture of a set of guns, all together.

Also, when I say "Electro", I mean anything that runs on bateries. Be it an eMag, X-Mag, SFL, VER, e-Pneu, Devil Mag, Hyper frame'd Mag, SpyderMag, EgoMag, ShmegoMag , whatever. For pneu, I think it's a mech-pneu frame, be it a custom one or a G-Force frame. For Mech, I mean anything that's not Electro nor Pneu (as explained before) and for Pump, well, it has to be a pump Mag, be it whatever pump kit you want (factory, XM-15, Rainman's etc).

But, again, a single pic with lots of awesome looking Mags.

One extra thing: do previous MOTM winners qualify for that or no? I think we should try avoiding it but please let me know.

EDIT 2: And Luke is absolutelly right when he say "...as long as they still owned the markers". That would certainly be a must in this case.
    Last edited by mpsd; 08-24-2013 at 09:12 PM.

I vote for collection of the month, but should specify that there should be 3-4 different types. Essentially whoever has the most SFL's is going to win with the way this is proposed.
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I vote for collection of the month, but should specify that there should be 3-4 different types. Essentially whoever has the most SFL's is going to win....
    Sounds good to me.

Why not make the 'three marker types' entry be any combination of three from the following four: 'Mech, Electro, Pneu, Pump'

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Why not make the 'three marker types' entry be any combination of three from the following four: 'Mech, Electro, Pneu, Pump'
    That was my suggestion. I must not be explaining it right.

I think it should be any 3 mags for the 'best collection'

I like idea of a collection contest just only a few of us have the needed variety of different mags to make it. But if you can get the participants then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    That was my suggestion. I must not be explaining it right.
    I was just looking at the poll and it implies that the '3 marker' category includes only the following: (Mech, Electro, Pneu)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was just looking at the poll and it implies that the '3 marker' category includes only the following: (Mech, Electro, Pneu)
    I think he means 3 marker categories, not a 3 marker combo. So instead of the Open and Classic we have not to making it Mech, electro, pneu...

My suggestion, which was not meant to be permanent, just a once ina while type of thing. Was to have a special contest one month where each person enters in a group/collection of markers to be judged as a whole. Stipulation is that the markers had to be different types, or one from each group. I.E. 1 E-Mag, 1 Pump, 1 mech, 1 Pneu. If it would help to have a 3 marker contest to help get more entries, that would work. The essence of the contest, IMO was to see well rounded collections, not just whoever has the most badass collections of X's and SFL's wins. But that could be the contest as well. Maybe one month have a "who has the most complete Electro" contest where people have to enter in 3 electros. Make a stipulaton that at least one has to be a non-AGD frame to make it interesting.
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-24-2013 at 04:17 PM.

I agree, a 'collection entry' of any type would be interesting even if it only happened once a year and as long as they still owned the markers.

How about a collection of 3 out of x, or some such? For one thing, where do ego-mags go. Also, there are also nice collections of the stock AGD types, which kind of ignore custom markers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    How about a collection of 3 out of x, or some such? For one thing, where do ego-mags go. Also, there are also nice collections of the stock AGD types, which kind of ignore custom markers.
    Anything with an electronic frame goes under Electro.

I think its a great idea. I would say 3-5 guns would be acceptable to cover all categories: Classic, mech, pnue, electro, and E/X mag.

MOTY3
    I vote for any combination of 3 "different" types.

Sorry guys, I was a little bit vague so I now have added a clarification to the first post.

Thanks!

Although, I just thought that there's a second opinion there that would be cool to try as well. We could do a couple categories, where one would be "Stock AGD" (anything from a right feed body to an SFL) and "Custom" and then people could post their collections like this as well. How about that for October?

Wouldn't it just be more interesting to have a 3 marker collection entry? Let the people entering pick 3 markers to enter as long as they are in a diffrent class. Define as many diffrent classes as you want, but just one contest.

Good ideas. The number of entries has been dismal lately, I find it hard to believe we'd be able to fill 4 marker type categories.

i think a 3 of 4 categories would be best. i also think that if you do decide to do some kind of restriction for the MOTM, that only 1 of the 3 can be a previous winner. should give the small guys a better chance with out kicking them out if they had a previous winner.

now for the "collection" does it have to be 4, or the total number of guns in the collection? i'd rather see a "family" pic and judge from that. if someone can't get a new pic of what they have, then its time to take some new ones. i also think, run what you brung. so previous winners can enter. just because you won before, doesn't mean that you can't win again, or even if you have a winner, that doesn't mean that someone else's collection might be more impressive as a group than any one individual gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    now for the "collection" does it have to be 4, or the total number of guns in the collection? i'd rather see a "family" pic and judge from that. if someone can't get a new pic of what they have, then its time to take some new ones. i also think, run what you brung. so previous winners can enter. just because you won before, doesn't mean that you can't win again, or even if you have a winner, that doesn't mean that someone else's collection might be more impressive as a group than any one individual gun.
    You have to pick which 3/4 you want to enter in for the "group/family". Again, the stipulation is that they have to represent different "types" . Since the concept seems to be confusing some, here is my example of what my "group" entry would most likely look like. Pardon the crappy pic scurried together at the last minute:

Top left is a CF Minimag bodied pump. Top right is my CF bodied Mech entry. Bottom left is my Dallara bodied, M90 framed Pneumag. Bottom Right is my MM2K9 bodied, VER framed Electro. This entry represents each of the 4 "types" and would be judged as a group.

I voted for collection of the month since I can't enter the others. I don't have pump/pneu mags . What do you guys think about having entries hidden from competitors?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I voted for collection of the month since I can't enter the others. I don't have pump/pneu mags . What do you guys think about having entries hidden from competitors?
    Which was sort of the point to make it more competitive for those of us with less wild anodized Emag heavy collections....

Actually got the idea from going to the county fair where they have certain categories where people are judged on a group of 3 chickens.
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Put up 5 guns... more variety should = more points.

Mendel, make a decision and run with it. You won't be able to please everyone. Just try to make it as fair as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Put up 5 guns... more variety should = more points.

Mendel, make a decision and run with it. You won't be able to please everyone. Just try to make it as fair as possible.
    Thanks. I guess you are right. As of now I'm really thinking on making a collection thing with 3 to 4 markers, one of each type, regardless of what they are (provided we have Mags only, of course).

For October I think I´m going with the two collections idea I mentioned before, being Stock AGD and Aftermarket. That will be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Thanks. I guess you are right. As of now I'm really thinking on making a collection thing with 3 to 4 markers, one of each type, regardless of what they are (provided we have Mags only, of course).

For October I think I´m going with the two collections idea I mentioned before, being Stock AGD and Aftermarket. That will be fun to see.
    I think it might be fun to do some oddball ones once in awhile as well. How about the best red or blue marker for one month? Most consistent color usage? Could even to the same group them as three best "electros" or three best "mechs" etc. Would just be fun to see. Maybe best Z mag month?

We should talk to Dayspring about adding a "Curators Corner" to AO like PBN has. We can move all of the MOTM stuff there and use something like this to kick it off.

Any thoughts on how often this will happen? My thought is to have a COTQ (Q being Quarter) and at the end of the year having the COTY for the four COTQ winners. I do agree with BigEvil though. You should have enough input to get something started. Any issues can be tweaked as we go. And the three people that complain about everything can still complain while the rest of us are perfectly content.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Any thoughts on how often this will happen? My thought is to have a COTQ (Q being Quarter) and at the end of the year having the COTY for the four COTQ winners. I do agree with BigEvil though. You should have enough input to get something started. Any issues can be tweaked as we go. And the three people that complain about everything can still complain while the rest of us are perfectly content.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    and the three people that complain about everything can still complain while the rest of us are perfectly content.
    hey!