Thread: Nice little ULE

Nice little ULE

Just threw this together tonight from some parts I have been collecting and nice Logic UMF that I found on Bacci

photo IMG_1131_zpsb4b6289d.jpg

I think i am going to try tune this into an RTing beast. I have only used a maxflo once and then realized that I did not have a great way to depressurize the line. Any one have any good tips. I have seen slide checks mentioned before but I have always thought they were a little bulky.

Shut the air off and dry fire a couple of times.

I was using macro and I couldn't pop it even after dry firing

Good question. I was going to do this with my set up that I was going to put a Max Flow on. I was going to use macro as well. Have you tried letting it sit for awhile and see if the air just seeps out the valve? There must be just enough pressure to keep the macro on, but not allow the gun to fire. Have you tried using something small like a flat head screw driver to put the sear back into the frame to help clear the valve on/off? That little bit of air might be a problem for me so I'm interested in what you do.

If you don't want the bulk of a slide check you could look into a proconnect.... Macro is not ideal for a high pressure rt set up anyway, goes boom quite dramatically. Braided line ftw!
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

pro-connect or a toxic toys venom high line deluxe with a slide check. cant go wrong with either of those. tha pro-connect will definitely be alot easier to find tho!

high line deluxe:

Originally I hooked this up on my x-mag and I wasn't trying to boost the pressure just get the valve tuned and that's when I ran into the issue. I ended up using one of my screw in tanks and letting this one sit. When I put this together it reminded me of the problem. I am kind of just curious to see what people have come up with. It is going to end up with braided at some point.

I will have to check out the proconnect, thanks

I love my Venom Highline Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I love my Venom Highline Deluxe.
    ya see..this guy knows whats up...haha!!

hey Laku any pics???

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    ya see..this guy knows whats up...haha!!

hey Laku any pics???
    Not yet. I'll try to find time to take some during the weekend.

hey dood check out these slide checks:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-Re...item3a8042bdb1

this auction is for 2 of them...they are very useful for wat your wanting to do as well as for testing pneumags, LPR's...stuff like that.

here are some pics using tha slide check in tha link from tha post above w/a Armageddon reg using Macro line...never had a problem w/tha macro line even with the reg cranked upto 1200psi:

and here are a few pics just using regular macro fittings, tha slide check, and a QD nipple attached to a gas thru bike grip:

just slide the slide check back to turn tha air to the marker off, disconnect the line and as your turning tha pressure of the tank down/off slowly bleed tha line with tha slide check:

same setup will work using S/S airlines as well. hope that helps???

Nice that is pretty minimalist, I ordered a valve to try and vent the reg directly, I am going to try that first hopefully I get it this week.

A little more progress, aired it up and it shot fine.

photo IMG_1142_zpsd6a0bd62.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Nice that is pretty minimalist, I ordered a valve to try and vent the reg directly, I am going to try that first hopefully I get it this week.

do you have a link to tha valve you ordered for tha others wondering how to set up their airline?

Ya, I will post it up once I verify it works

maybe someone has already tried it already and once the see wat it is they can let ya kno if it werks or not? ya kno?

As promised, here's some pics of Venom Deluxe Highline on my SmartMag.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    As promised, here's some pics of Venom Deluxe Highline on my SmartMag.

Ya, I will post it up once I verify it works
    did you ever get that valve? did it work?

I got the valve last friday, it is a little bulky but it should do the trick. However I snapped a hex head socket trying to get an npt plug out of the body of the regulator. I post some pictures when I have some time.

I got the valve last friday, it is a little bulky but it should do the trick. However I snapped a hex head socket trying to get an npt plug out of the body of the regulator. I post some pictures when I have some time.
    kool kool...lemme know if you need any air fittings? i have some extra macro and micro fittings, elbows, T's, and plugs that ill be looking to get rid of.

did you get tha npt plug out of the reg???

Ya I got the npt plug out tonight, had to put an allen wrench in the plug and then put a torch on the wrench to transfer the heat. There was so much red locktite on that thing.

Here it is all assembled
     photo c888588a-c87d-42ef-90bc-7b601b35407f_zps7db3eaed.jpg

I wish it was a tad shorter but I am going to try it out, I still need to put air through it, will probably try that this weekend. If it feels to bulky playing i may try one of those in line slide checks, those looked pretty small.
    Last edited by Mole1119; 09-19-2013 at 07:03 AM.

nice!!! as long as it works man! wat are those called? just a regular ball valve? im still learning the names of this kind of stuff. wats Kool is its at the bottom of tha reg and it doesnt look like it sticks out past the tank...so that cant really get in your way right?

Just grabbed some air and tried it out on my X. First rapid firing the mag is to much fun
    I have been shooting mags for a long time and this was the first time I really took advantage of the RT effect.

The part is Hy-Lok Bleed valve part #BLV-2N
    It made depressurizing the line and adjusting the input pressure a breeze. Just shut off air to the reg using the built in on/off then open the bleed valve and vent the pressure. Adjust the regulator, ensure the bleed valve is closed and try again.