Thread: Automag Rt Pro feedneck probelms

Exclamation Automag Rt Pro feedneck probelms

Hey guys I am new to this forum, but I was curious if someone could help me out. I want to mount a dye rotor hopper on my Automag Rt Pro but the feed-neck on the gun is the same size as the feed-neck on the rotor. I was curious if their is any kind of adapter that will keep my gun looking good. Previously I had to make one out of PVC pipe then spray paint it, but it looked like crap. I talked to one of the people who works in the shop at my local field who also runs Automags and he told me I need something like a CCM angel feed-neck or something like that, I cant remember what he told me to get. Im am looking to take another trip to my field on September 22nd so a quick reply would be nice so I have time to order it before I play. Also my gun has matching serial numbers, is there any way to see when it was made? Serial: VV8826

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunsamurai9 View Post
    Hey guys I am new to this forum, but I was curious if someone could help me out. I want to mount a dye rotor hopper on my Automag Rt Pro but the feed-neck on the gun is the same size as the feed-neck on the rotor. I was curious if their is any kind of adapter that will keep my gun looking good. Previously I had to make one out of PVC pipe then spray paint it, but it looked like crap. I talked to one of the people who works in the shop at my local field who also runs Automags and he told me I need something like a CCM angel feed-neck or something like that, I cant remember what he told me to get. Im am looking to take another trip to my field on September 22nd so a quick reply would be nice so I have time to order it before I play. Also my gun has matching serial numbers, is there any way to see when it was made? Serial: VV8826

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  48.5 KB
    You have a ULE body on your marker and it does have Angel threads, the person at your shop sounds like they know what they are talking about, support your brick and mortar shop and go back and get the feedneck he recommended.

There is no way to date your marker based on valve numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    You have a ULE body on your marker and it does have Angel threads, the person at your shop sounds like they know what they are talking about, support your brick and mortar shop and go back and get the feedneck he recommended.

There is no way to date your marker based on valve numbers.
    Thanks for the quick response. I would have bought it right then and there when he told me but they didn't carry it. Can you post a link where to find it? Also is there a on/off air valve that will keep my gun looking original?

I would bet if you called the pro shop, they would get it for you and probably install it. Seriously, you're lucky to have a local pro shop, support them.

Are you asking about an On/Off ASA? The adapter that your tank screws into? If so, there are a ton of choices out there, you will have to do some research to figure out what meets your needs. There are direct mounts and rail mounts. There are side and forward outlets. There are ones with levers, ones with knobs etc. Do you want a drop? For a short answer, the most popular is the CP Direct Mount on/off ASA. They are affordably priced and come in a bunch of colors.

You can sand down the Rotor feedneck if you want it to fit, but OPBN and your Pro Shop worker are correct - it's best to replace that stock ULE feedneck with a clamping feedneck (CCM, RPG, A+Machine, etc.) that will allow more room and also clamp your Rotor snugly in place to keep it from moving.

And if you want an on/off ASA, just save yourself the trouble and get a CP on/off, either direct mount or rail mount (you'll need a rail or drop for the latter). They're the most popular for a reason - they're just good and simple and extremely easy to operate, and they automatically vent the airline and valve when shut off. So many people use them on automags that they look like a stock part these days.

Ok I will give them a call and see what they say, I am sure this wont be a problem, but would a CP direct mount on/off ASA be able to handle 1200 psi output because that's the output on my regulator.

Ok I will give them a call and see what they say, I am sure this wont be a problem, but would a CP direct mount on/off ASA be able to handle 1200 psi output because that's the output on my regulator.
    Yes.

Alright thanks guys, I will call my pro shop today and talk to them and hopefully put on a CP ASA and a Clamping feed neck!

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    You can sand down the Rotor feedneck if you want it to fit, but OPBN and your Pro Shop worker are correct - it's best to replace that stock ULE feedneck with a clamping feedneck (CCM, RPG, A+Machine, etc.) that will allow more room and also clamp your Rotor snugly in place to keep it from moving.
    does the stock feed-neck I currently have on now have threads? How would I go about taking it off? just twist it off and twist the new one on?

does the stock feed-neck I currently have on now have threads? How would I go about taking it off? just twist it off and twist the new one on?
    Essentially, yes. Sometimes they are on pretty tight and you may need a strap wrench. Occasionally they are loctited on and you may need to heat it up to loosen it up. If this doesnt work, another method is to drill a hole all the way through the feedneck large enough to fit a screwdriver through and use that as leverage to get the feedneck off. Don't really worry about destroying the stock feedneck, they are virtually worthless. I usually just throw them randomly into packages I send people to get rid of them....

So something like this would work fine?
    http://www.ansgear.com/Bob_Long_Leve...fnangelone.htm

Should, but not worth the money. You can get CCM, AKA, or A+ for about $25-30. Personally, I am partial to AKA feednecks. Have them on several of my markers. They only come in polished black though. You can buy directly from AKA on their website.

Where can I find a cheap cp direct mount on/off asa that will fit my gun and keep the natural look?