Thread: Am I the only one with no threading in my feed neck hole?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Am I the only one with no threading in my feed neck hole?

I have a Tac-One salvaged from a longbow kit, comeplete with all the original parts from AGD. When I went to screw in the basic AGD feed neck into the hole, I was surprised to find that theres no threading in the hole! Is this a quality control problem, or am I overlooking some weird piece of Spec Ops aftermarket thread protector thats been placed into the ULE mainbody? I'm kinda pissed cuz I cant attach anything but a longbow magazine to it right now.

Anyone able to shine some light on this? Ill attach a picture next chance I get

always inspect things before threading.
    the previous user probably left out a detail that the feedneck port was fubar

If the feed port is fully anodized, then it is the way it came from the factory. If it is bare metal, then the threads have been stripped out by someone.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Its fully anodized and spotless. Its like it still needs to be tapped.

Could it be that since it was going to be a longbow the threads never were done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    Could it be that since it was going to be a longbow the threads never were done?
    This what I was thinking as well. I suspect the body was ordered without threading so that a longbow modification could be done using press-fit or longbow specific threads.