Thread: Am I the only one with no threading in my feed neck hole?

Am I the only one with no threading in my feed neck hole?

I have a Tac-One salvaged from a longbow kit, comeplete with all the original parts from AGD. When I went to screw in the basic AGD feed neck into the hole, I was surprised to find that theres no threading in the hole! Is this a quality control problem, or am I overlooking some weird piece of Spec Ops aftermarket thread protector thats been placed into the ULE mainbody? I'm kinda pissed cuz I cant attach anything but a longbow magazine to it right now.

Anyone able to shine some light on this? Ill attach a picture next chance I get

always inspect things before threading.
    the previous user probably left out a detail that the feedneck port was fubar

If the feed port is fully anodized, then it is the way it came from the factory. If it is bare metal, then the threads have been stripped out by someone.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Its fully anodized and spotless. Its like it still needs to be tapped.

Could it be that since it was going to be a longbow the threads never were done?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    Could it be that since it was going to be a longbow the threads never were done?
    This what I was thinking as well. I suspect the body was ordered without threading so that a longbow modification could be done using press-fit or longbow specific threads.

I got ahold of it from my buddy's garage today, and found a thread saver ring in it placed by Spec Ops. A twist with the pliers and it came right out exposing the nice angel threading. Time to pick up a decent feedneck.

The thread saver makes more sense.

I would like that thread saver if your willing to sell it.

-grub

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I would like that thread saver if your willing to sell it.

-grub
    Sorry grub, I'm not willing to give it up, unless we're talking about a three-figure price tag I still use the longbow kit when playing on our private field and its still extremely useful to me.

I'd try searching ebay or people trying to part out their longbow kits, or try contacting Special Ops Paintball directly to see if you can get one from them.

Honestly, I doubt its all that useful at actually protecting the threads... when I pulled mine out it had a few years of paint that was building up between the protector and the main body.

The kits come with those inserts. Apparently allows the balls to feed better. I have/had one too

Yeah, wish I had seen this thread earlier - thread saver. You didn't damage it when taking it out, right? I've had one before but sold it. I have since reacquired a Longbow kit for my pump mag but don't have the thread saver. It's not a requirement, really.

Yeah, I doubt it makes much a difference but its nice to have now that I know it exists. Thank God my new Halo too fits completely flush in the original feedneck, as im not at all interested in buying any discontinued parts at a premium. Magazine fed Tac-One is extremely bad ass after getting used to the limited ammo, but its essential having a hopper for speedball games.