Thread: barrels

barrels

love looking at the pics of all the mags, one thing i don't see are Armson barrels, have they gone out of style or did you all wear your out? back when i got out of paintball the mag was king and the best barrel to have was the Armson followed by the Smart Parts.

i notice them on the more 'tacitcal' looking mags nowadays...maybe just because there are so many barrel options out there now is why they arent to common. lots of people shoot freak barrels and i personally like the carbon fiber barrels

Yeah most people use a barrel kit of some kind and in the first strike day of age the armson rifling spin is the wrong direction. A shame as they have a high spin rate than most other rifled barrels

Never owned an armson. Had a dye as in the mid 90s. And a dye ultra lite From late 90s till now. I'm only going to a barrel kit now because I swear you can't buy barrels small enough for today's paint.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    love looking at the pics of all the mags, one thing i don't see are Armson barrels, have they gone out of style or did you all wear your out? back when i got out of paintball the mag was king and the best barrel to have was the Armson followed by the Smart Parts.
    Pro Team Products still sells Armson barrels. Not sure if they carry TL anymore though.

I picked up this mag back in Feb (I added the drop, customized grips, and gas thru). It came with the 3 barrels (including the 7" armson shown) a normal grip and the proline grip (shown). Picked it up from a guy on craigslist that was getting out of the sport. It was a great deal at $50. I don't use the armson much but a few months ago I was at a field in between sessions. I had let one of the refs use one of my mags in the early session (he was reffing the late session) and they let me stay to play a few 2V2 speed matches with them. They were all teenagers and had never seen this type of equipment before. Some had made a few comments about my "iddy biddy barrel". I goggled one of them off the break on the first game. Earned a little respect after that.Name:  DSC_5026.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  47.1 KBName:  DSC_5030.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  36.5 KB

they have 13 inch stealths on markdown.

yea, back in my day the short armsons were the ones most people had.

put this in wrong spot--they have 13 inch stealths on markdown.