Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Some of my mags

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365

    Some of my mags

    Need4reebs has been asking me for pictures of my mags for some time now. So as I took few pics of my SmartMag with venom deluxe Highline, I also took a pic of my x-valve mag as it is now. I do have few more mags on the works but I'll post a pic of them when they are more presentable.

    Here's my SmartMag as it is now, it is also my first mag.





    And here's my X-valve mag as it is now.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NW-Missouri
    Posts
    106
    Sharp. Very Clean.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,374
    Sa WeeT!!! liking tha High Line on tha classic shooter!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Medford MA
    Posts
    128
    Love the look of the wood grips on the X. Nice mags!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Love the look of the wood grips on the X. Nice mags!
    Thanks. I made those grips myself as it's easier than source ones made by smart parts with any of the nicer colors.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Medford MA
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Thanks. I made those grips myself as it's easier than source ones made by smart parts with any of the nicer colors.

    Well that just makes it all the more impressive. I wouldn't know where to start if I were to try to make wood grips. Maybe a tree?

  7. #7
    That X-Valve is sexy with the wood grips.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe Man View Post
    That X-Valve is sexy with the wood grips.
    Thanks! That's my main gun at the moment.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Swamp, FL
    Posts
    84
    what feedneck is on your xvalve mag ??? that thing is super no profile lol i want one !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    what feedneck is on your xvalve mag ??? that thing is super no profile lol i want one !
    It seems to be Empire one, judging from the logo on side. To be honest I'm not sure. Renie would know since he's the one that built it originally.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    285
    Beautiful mags...are you in Helsinki? A guy I played hockey with in high school is a doctor there and a native, could be visiting again sometime

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Beautiful mags...are you in Helsinki? A guy I played hockey with in high school is a doctor there and a native, could be visiting again sometime
    Thanks! I live relatively close to Helsinki, about half an hour out to the countryside.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,721
    The wood grips look real nice. Good looking markers you have

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    The wood grips look real nice. Good looking markers you have
    Thanks! Now I only need to finish the four other mag projects that I have underway.

  15. #15
    Beautiful work. The grips are outstanding. I had to make my own for my Sterling pump, which can take mag grips. But mine do not look as good. One piece grips?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,721
    What kind of wood did you use? When I get some bike projects done I may need to consider this for my Y frame.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPredator View Post
    Beautiful work. The grips are outstanding. I had to make my own for my Sterling pump, which can take mag grips. But mine do not look as good. One piece grips?
    2 piece like the smart parts equivalent.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    What kind of wood did you use? When I get some bike projects done I may need to consider this for my Y frame.
    Furniture grade birch plywood. Here are pictures of them being made.













    tinted to colour of your choice


    then I just varnished them with urethane varnish with light sanding in between layers, untill I had about 7 layers. Then really fine sanding and polishing with farecla g3 polisher.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    550
    Very sweet. Nice display of pure talent.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •