Thread: barrels for older guns

barrels for older guns

anyone still making twistlock barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    anyone still making twistlock barrels?
    I think Palmers might. However there are usually tons of them for sale in the BST section. I've got several for sale if you're interested.

I've got a cp barrel kit for sale also. Anymore why buy something like this new. There are so many out there already.

was always partial to smart parts barrels way back when. any recomendations?

not familiar with many of the kits, been out of this game for way too long and trying to get back in and playing catch-up. what all in it?

I always loved my dye ultralite back in the day. Get back in though and found out how much paint size has shrunk. My dye is a large bore now. So I picked up a twist lock freak kit for a good score. I'll be rocking SP now simply because no one makes small bore single barrels.

played for the first time in 15 plus years a week ago and noticed when i changed guns(i have 5 now)that accuracy fell off. checked my barrels with the leftover paint and found some were tight, some were so so and some were loose. i actually have around a dozen barrels all sp or armson and was wondering about newer brands or styles.

Palmers does offer twistlocks in .685 bore.

You could also pick up a twistlock to cocker adaptor.

If you are wanting better paint to barrel match, you will have to keep your eyes open for a TL Freak back or as WW says, look for a TL to AC adapter and get an AC threaded kit.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Palmers does offer twistlocks in .685 bore.
    Well my cp barrel kit goes down to .685. Not far enough for what ive been shooting. The .679 appears to be my ticket. So the cp kit is for sale and I'd like to find a gem of an AL twist lock to take its place.

I'm not sure if J&J makes twist lock any more, but their Edge kits can be ordered with .679 & .676 backs.
    My wife and I have these for our mags.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Well my cp barrel kit goes down to .685. Not far enough for what ive been shooting. The .679 appears to be my ticket. So the cp kit is for sale and I'd like to find a gem of an AL twist lock to take its place.
    That's about as small as you're gonna get with a non freak twistlock barrel. They make AC threaded barrels down to .680, not sure why they stop at .685 in twistlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I know Stedpitcher has a TL freak back, but was wanting high dollar though as it was NIB.