Thread: LVL 10 Tuning Help

Talking LVL 10 Tuning Help

Hello all,

I have a level 10 bolt tuning question.

I have been attempting to tune my level 10 bolt and I am having leak issues. When I gas it up I do not get the leak, but when I perform the squeegee test on the LVL 10 it chuffs and resets itself like its working properly but it then it will start to leak slowly down the barrel after chuffing and resetting a few times.

Now, I can cause the leak to stop one of two ways after it occurs. I can stop the leak by putting a little pressure on the trigger or I can stop the leak by pushing on the bolt just a little after it has reset. Either approach will cause the leak to stop; however, this slow leak happens every time I squeegee test the LVL 10 bolt.

I have added shims but that doesn't seem to help; adding them actually seems to make the slow leak occur more often after squeegee testing. Right now I'm down to the lowest carrier (ID 0) so I can't go any lower on the carrier size. As for the spring, I'm running the long silver bolt spring to lessen the impact force during the squeegee test because I'm feeding the mag with a Ninja SHP 1100 psi Tank.

If anyone has any ideas please lemme know.

Thanks,
    -Fred

I would still try other springs, the input psi does not affect the impact force, chrono it and it will have the same impact force as it would with 850psi.

I've been primarily working off the following thread:

http://forums.warpig.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=137

Reading through this thread the author mentions that the longer and stiffer the spring the gentler it is on paint because the bolt will move with less force at the same velocity setting. Testing with my finger I noticed the longer stiffer spring was gentler.

I donno if this will help or not, but when I got the marker from AGD they had installed 3 shims in the LVL 10 kit. However, I have found that removing shims makes the leak occur less frequently so right now I'm down to 0 shims.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...97#post2828797

Please follow these instructions.

If you still get intermittent leaking after tuning to the above instructions, try a new bolt stem oring. Sometimes unseen flaws in the oring can cause these issues.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

man i just got a new ule shipped and i can't get it to stop leaking either i put all carriers with no shims and shims and it won't stop. i wonder if it juste needs breaking in

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    man i just got a new ule shipped and i can't get it to stop leaking either i put all carriers with no shims and shims and it won't stop. i wonder if it juste needs breaking in
    you have to use the same o-ring when changing carriers. the carriers are to adjust the fit of the o-ring to the bolt stem. use the largest carrier that does not leak. if you're using the size 0 carrier and it still leaks, use a different carrier o-ring.

does the leak stop when you hold the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by boonie282 View Post
    I can stop the leak by putting a little pressure on the trigger or I can stop the leak by pushing on the bolt just a little after it has reset. Either approach will cause the leak to stop; however, this slow leak happens every time I squeegee test the LVL 10 bolt.
    This indicates that there are too many shims installed in the level 10. When you start to pull the trigger, the tip of the trigger is putting pressure on the bolt and pushing it back and sealing the bolt stem vent hole. When you remove the shims, the carrier an oring will sit farther forward so the vent hole won't be exposed when sitting at rest, and you shouldn't get any leaking if you are using the proper size carrier for your oring.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.