Thread: Need less fps

Need less fps

Ok hit a snag on my fsr mag. With the red spring I can only get down to about 270ish fps with normal paint this puts Fs rounds at 290-300 and field limit is 270 "stupid whinny kids" . Normally I would drop to the gold spring but that would be to hard on a Fs round that did get spun around. Any other tricks to get the Fps down and still have a gentle lvl 10

Classic valve with stock on/off
    New reg piston
    Cleaned and oiled
    1100psi input "only tank I got"
    Last edited by Syko89; 09-04-2013 at 02:18 PM.

what about cutting a spring to find the sweet spot?

Are you leaking out the back if you go higher then 260?

If so replace your reg piston.

Sorry guys I was half in the bag when posted and got it completely backwards. Need less not more. I back it out anymore and it won't fire

If you have a silver spring, cut it down a bit at a time until the lowest starting velocity is about 250fps. That will give you a nicely operating level 10 at 270fps velocity. Only cut one end. The end against the body needs to be the square uncut end. If you don't a silver spring, you can cut the red one.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I don't know much about the FS rounds. Do they require a special barrel or bore match? If not, use a heavily ported barrel or overbore as much as possible.

Or if you have a barrel you don't use, get a bunch of ports drilled in it for use with the FS rounds.

But, I agree to try the modified spring approach first.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan