Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So are factory RTP and Emag rails obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    LOL, I can do that is $30 too much?
    Gah@#$! You machinists are always gouging us.

Since you're making rails. I'm in the market for a AM length pump milled rail that mimics the body lines of a mini tac (smooth body in front and picatinny lines in the rear that flow with the tac body). The picatinny lines in the back aren't meant to be functional, just aesthetics. I'll pay for any extra setup fees if need be. Also looking for a custom foregrip so I can get this damn project done and sent to anno.

Will the availability of these depend on the results of the the "design contest" or can these be manufactured independently of the "new" designs?

I'm still going to make slug rails so I can sell my current designs without the sight rail holes. The design contest wont affect that, it looks like a flop anyway.

Do you have a rough time frame for the slugs and or completed rails?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm still going to make slug rails so I can sell my current designs without the sight rail holes. The design contest wont affect that, it looks like a flop anyway.
    You never did make it official. Your thread was just an interest gauging inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Do you have a rough time frame for the slugs and or completed rails?
    I'm waiting on tooling, then I plan on doing a small run of AM and RTP style rails, that will be ASAP.
    Last edited by luke; 09-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    You never did make it official. Your thread was just an interest gauging inquiry.
    Which thread?

Manufacturing slug rails really didn't 'pend' the general interest threads, I'm doing those anyway. This thread was to try and get some interest in a quick run of rails using my current designs but that kind of fell flat, so I just purchased an emag rail to get me out of a bind.

I will still offer a batch run price on rails whether the contest pans out or not. There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm with the contest, which is part of the reason why I wasn't really excited about doing a bunch of design work on new rails. However it was my intention to submit a design in the contest if I saw some the potential in the thread taking off, but it does not look promising.

But really it's not that big of a deal, I'm not saying you will never see new designs, but this is a good indication on to structure my time.

I just released the design, I'm calling it the 'Flair Back'.
    Dealer thread.

If you are going to run some rails, and from the thread it sounds like you will get around to it eventually, I'll be good for a couple RTP style, ule'd for sure and profiled if that option(s) are available

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Since you're making rails. I'm in the market for a AM length pump milled rail that mimics the body lines of a mini tac (smooth body in front and picatinny lines in the rear that flow with the tac body). The picatinny lines in the back aren't meant to be functional, just aesthetics. I'll pay for any extra setup fees if need be. Also looking for a custom foregrip so I can get this damn project done and sent to anno.
    I can probably add these in, but I need a body to pull geometry off of to make sure everything lines up.

Do we have a ballpark on cost yet?

Not yet.