Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So are factory RTP and Emag rails obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    With that said would the lpr grip be considered with the design for the hose channel to connect the lpr to the frame to transfer the airline?
    There is nothing special needed there, if the rail is uled all you would have to do is cut a small notch in the 'web' separating the first and second ule pockets. The Airline runs into the rail via a slot between the two mount screws.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    My idea was something akin to an asymmetrical ultralight rail with a bump out to accommodate the pump rod. My drawing kinda sucks though.

Weren't you looking for a AM style rail?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Well as I said, my plan was to run current designs but I'm already getting flooded with PM's on 'custom requests'. I'm not sure where I'm going to find time to sit down and come up with new rail designs (for everyone's approval ), so if someone wants to donate a concept I'll take a look. For now I'm just going to design and program a basic slug and go from there.

make something new man? why keep making the same stuff? or why copy someone elses design? you have all tha machines...tha stuff to make CADs...tha material to make the rails, why not kick back for a few days and design your own rail or concept while your designing and programming the basic slug? hopefully those questions aint gonna upset ya...if they do....oooops...still had to ask!

Which rail is the kit designed for?
    Looks like the 1st run is going to be AM/MM (winged) and he is going to make a kit for ULE rails (wingless Emag length) as he calls them.

Weren't you looking for a AM style rail?
    It's changed a couple of times. The RM kits are made for AM style rails, but pretty sure it would take minor milling to make them work with an RTP flat bottom style rail. I know with the stock AGD its just a matter or milling the wings off the pump arm and tapping everything for the two mounting holes.(I'll be pming you on this earlier) To be honest, since I am not currently in the market for a new pump rail, but would be willing to buy one (depending on price) for future use.

RM is supposed to be doing another small run of RTP compatible kits, but think he is planning on making them for the RTP length as well. Sure he could be talked into making them AM length if needs as it should just be a shortening of the pump rod.

Started doing those 10 years, discontinued the concept a few years ago.

I'm open to look at any drawings. If we can sell a dozen or so I will consider putting the time in.
    +1 on the Snatch Grips. I always had you mill them into the rails you did for me. Still have a few to send to you to have done also

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    make something new man? why keep making the same stuff? or why copy someone elses design? you have all tha machines...tha stuff to make CADs...tha material to make the rails, why not kick back for a few days and design your own rail or concept while your designing and programming the basic slug? hopefully those questions aint gonna upset ya...if they do....oooops...still had to ask!
    Don't confuse frustration for anger.
    All of my current designs are new.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman wi View Post
    +1 on the Snatch Grips. I always had you mill them into the rails you did for me. Still have a few to send to you to have done also
    Started doing those 10 years ago, discontinued the concept a few years ago to introduce new designs.

Started doing those 10 years ago, discontinued the concept a few years ago to introduce new designs.
    Not even if I say pretty please?

I know nothing about CAD, so my understanding is null. But once you have the basics in, shouldnt tweaking it to add/remove various aspects fairly simple?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I know nothing about CAD, so my understanding is null. But once you have the basics in, shouldnt tweaking it to add/remove various aspects fairly simple?
    Yes and no, it's all retaliative to perspective. The model is such a small part of the over-all process.

Just for clarification.

The entire reason for this project was because I owe a customer a rail, something I will make right even if I have to make JUST one. I thought I would give everyone a chance to purchase one of my designs that would not have the side mount holes and the jewel recess in the front. To be honest I don’t really have time for this project at the moment. But I was thinking I could fast tract the project (7-10 days) because the CAD and programming is done on my current line of rails.

I was frustrated (not mad) because I don’t have time to conceptualize, design, program, prototype and fine tune machining operations on a new line of rails. Not to mention I would need to spend the time to get enough people on board to make that effort worth while. Meanwhile customer #1 is waiting for his parts.

To be honest I was just trying to slip this project in 6 months ahead of its intended schedule.

to bad, you signed up for this

I would like a pump milled, no holes, warp left/right/under, rail with 13 extra air ports and a helipad for my RC scout copter. Price IS a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    I would like a pump milled, no holes, warp left/right/under, rail with 13 extra air ports and a helipad for my RC scout copter. Price IS a concern.
    Lol, and of course you dont have cad files so I can conpletely understand your concept, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    to bad, you signed up for this
    lol

However >>

How much are we talking about for a prepay price on an emag length shadow style rail?

I thought I would give everyone a chance to purchase one of my designs that would not have the side mount holes and the jewel recess in the front.
    Can't imagine it taking too long to sell a batch of these, keeping my eyes open for the thread in dealer forums.

Luke, I didn't see it on your site. Can you make RTP length Beta rails?

I'm kind of leaning towards first making slug rails for the AM and RTP, both in 9.10" and 8.0" lengths (Both AGD stock lengths).
    Slug rails are my designs and do not match the AGD profiles used in their rails...

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    How much are we talking about for a prepay price on an emag length shadow style rail?
    That info can not be discussed in the paintball talk forum, sorry.
    The project is just in the discussion stage at this point, I'm not sure a quick sale run is what anyone wants so I'm not sure where it's going yet, still trying to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Luke, I didn't see it on your site. Can you make RTP length Beta rails?
    Not a current design, but it can be done.

Slugs

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

How about a design to flow with a chord body? there seems to be a match for every other body...?

Slugs

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Oddly enough, I was getting ready to send you an AM rail to essentially do the same milling to remove the overhange on the sides....

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    How about a design to flow with a chord body? there seems to be a match for every other body...?
    A Dallara rail made from AM/MM length slug that is pump milled and can use a RT sear and sear pin. tha Dallara and Mini Wave rail are tha best matches for tha Chord body that ive seen. i guess it all just boils down to if Luke can/will do them? is that an option Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    A Dallara rail made from AM/MM length slug that is pump milled and can use a RT sear and sear pin. tha Dallara and Mini Wave rail are tha best matches for tha Chord body that ive seen. i guess it all just boils down to if Luke can/will do them? is that an option Luke?
    I dont have the extra time to design anything new right now, this was just going to be a quick run to get me out of a bind.

SEE POST #42

Lol, and of course you dont have cad files so I can conpletely understand your concept, right?
    Yeah of course
    Name:  helipad.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  39.6 KB

Yeah of course
    Name:  helipad.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  39.6 KB
    Love it!

LOL, I can do that is $30 too much?