Thread: Used vs New X Valve and Clamping feed neck question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Used vs New X Valve and Clamping feed neck question

I understand the obvious price difference, but would there be any drawback to buying an X valve used? Outside of maybe some anno rub?

Also, if the ULE body is Angel threaded feedneck, which of these in this list is "Angel threaded" =/
    http://store.customproducts.us/index...6&categoryID=5

I am stumped, but maybe its a simple question to someone else.
    Thanks,
    Jason

1) Buying a used X-valve can actually be a good thing; they're already broken in, and they often come set up. The only reason I wouldn't buy one used is that people tend to overcharge... $185-$225 for a used valve that costs $250 brand new is a joke. I honestly believe that the only reason people get away with it is that many don't know that AGD dropped the price a few years ago; they used to be $300+.

2) Do not buy a CP feedneck; they're not truly Angel threads but semi-compatible ION threads (like a hammer is compatible with a screw). Look for CCM, Lapco, Bob Long, etc and you will get functional feednecks with the proper specs. Stay away from no-name brands too. I love CP but they are not the place to go for Angel feednecks. *EDIT: looks like they pulled "angel threading" from their site finally.

Yeah, I saw an x-valve in the bst for $150... this sickness kills me. I haven't even played 1 game with the gun! I read something about the differences in angel threaded feed necks. They started to come different in 04'/05', or something. Is it still called "angel threaded" when I would look up CCM, Lapco, or Bob Long?

EDIT: Found this on ebay, just lists it as "Angel Threaded" Weird, I have seen ones where the thread is on the body, not the feed neck itself. SMH.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Angel-Fe...item4175fdc087
    Last edited by Stealthpanda; 09-08-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Derpy Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
    Yeah, I saw an x-valve in the bst for $150... this sickness kills me.
    $150 is pretty fair. If it's not too rough I'd snag that; it's the best you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
    I haven't even played 1 game with the gun! I read something about the differences in angel threaded feed necks. They started to come different in 04'/05', or something. Is it still called "angel threaded" when I would look up CCM, Lapco, or Bob Long?
    Yep, that'd be "Angel Threaded" - the same pattern was used by AGD and AM but they patterned after WDPs Angel and are fully compatible. Every Angel accepts the same feednecks, from the 1455 (LED) to the A1 Fly SB. I use CCM almost exclusively; they fit everything and have excellent finish quality, plus the helical clamping system is firm and durable. Still, anything from a major brand other than CP will get the job done as long as it's made for Angels.

Solid info man. Wish I could swing the valve... although I have spent a considerable amount on paintball stuff in recent heh... Thanks again,
    Jason

$150 for and X is a decent deal. The reason the one in the BST is so cheap is the ano is washed out. Think someone started to strip it or something. It also mentions that it is chuffing which means it will have to be tuned. Usually a cheap thing to do, but can be frustrating for a person new to AGD markers.

I always buy used as even though they are only $50-75 cheaper than new, it's still $50-75... New ULE bodies are only $145 or so IIRC and people regularly pay $100 for used ones. AGD parts simple hold their value pretty well.

I am a fan of AKA feednecks. Well made and slightly cheaper than the CCM. A+ also makes a nice feedneck.