Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydarm revisited - whole new direction

Sydarm revisited - whole new direction

I acquired a sydarm in a recent trade and wanted to do something a little different.
    You have all seen Reeb's pistola mags. He gave me the idea for mounting an ASA to the rail and here's the result-

I drilled and tapped the VASA so that it could sit against the frame and rounded out the top of the ASA to account for how the benchy widens at the rail. I then put a benchy frame and CCI bucket changer on her (more trades) and think she's look'n pretty hot.

The rail on the grip gives a few options for HPA-

I'll have some gloss black ccm fittings on the way soon to get those hoses right up against the marker. Then she'll really pop and still be able to fit in a holster.

Also thinking of getting a cocker-thread adapter and finding a freak back with super short tip to lengthen the barrel 1-1.5".
    Last edited by bowcycle; 10-22-2014 at 09:20 AM.

haha…it wasn't my idea eh?

how man shots per 12gr are ya getting?

wheres ur lever changer???

Reebs, I gave you credit from the start.

I can't use anything thicker than the bucket changer because then it couldn't screw into the asa that's under the rail. So the lever changer is out. A dropout changer is a possibility, but then it would be longer than the rest of the marker.

rocked this with the 13ci tank for a while this weekend. I definitely need to get better at reloading, but it took people by surprise to have a pistol charging at them and it points really well.
    I am very pleased with this marker and can't wait to get my longer barrel and get it cut down. The bucket changer and paint tube are flush with one another. I think I'll cut the barrel 1" longer.

More pics soon.

How are you going to put a pump kit on it?Name:  CIMG3121.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  109.6 KB
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    How are you going to put a pump kit on it?
    really like that mounting board. I have sold off all my pump mag stuff and now only do cockers for pumps (just the way I started).
    What is the metal on the bottom of the frame of your mag?

It's looking great, and glad to hear you're pleased with how it plays. Reloading is a b**** though.

I checked, and that taso barrel I have isn't a center feed. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    I checked, and that taso barrel I have isn't a center feed. Sorry about that.
    I have a barrel on the way. It's a little long, but has the dual detents and I'll cut it down and polish the end. It should come out really well.
    Should have that all done and pics up sometime next week.

I made a "target" type base pad, after unsuccessful attempts to find any affordable target pistol grips. And my wall mount board is wormy cypress. Makes for a beautiful home for the Sydarm.

Reloading the Sydarm on the fly really is a pain. and you either have to cut down your tubes to 8rds or only put 8 in your 10rd tubes.

So, I'm building an attempt to replace it. I'm trying to get sight rails to put on the back to keep a consistent sight line with the tube.
    This is my rough, dremel cut. I'll get it to my local machinist this week and get everything cut right.

I also think I want to get a reverse minimag valve.

Just so you know, this is now my favorite marker ever.

I really wanted to like the spring feed going forward, but it just didn't look nor feel as good as coming to the back.
    well that meant that I couldn't put a sight rail on there, so what am I to do? epoxy a ghost sight to the spring feed!
    I drilled a small indention (not all the way through) in the front of the spring feed so the pin on the sight could sit down into it, shaved a tiny amount off the dovetails on the sight so it would sit down flush on the feed, and epoxy'd it in place.

I also rounded the bottom of the spring feed so it would sit further down onto the marker body. Then I took the marker body to my machinist and had him shave down the feedneck until the spring feed would sit all the way down on it. Finally, he cut down the front of the barrel a little more and drilled out the SP emblems so I can put an allen wrench through there to get the front on and off.

I deburred everything and smoothed out the cuts on the barrel so it won't mess with paint.

Now, I just need a reverse valve and maybe one of Doc's freak fronts.

i might be willing to let go of a spiral wwa freak tip

I hadn't heard that Doc was making freak fronts. Any link? I won't bogart the WWA unless you're passing.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I hadn't heard that Doc was making freak fronts. Any link? I won't bogart the WWA unless you're passing.
    I already grabbed the WWA. Money sent, nucks. It's MINE! jk.

Here's his M4 tip and here's his phase tip. They're both sold out at the moment, but the phase only sold out in the last couple of weeks. Not a bad deal at $25. But since he only does limited runs, I'm sure they're a little more than that second-hand.

enjoy

So this pistol building just becomes addictive. However, I think I have the final form for my primary except that the spiral tip will be exchanged for a crown point tip shortly.
    Enjoy.

Last edited by bowcycle; 11-05-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Nice!
    How'd you get the empire feed on there? Did you use a special angel/empire adapter? and if so, where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    Nice!
    How'd you get the empire feed on there? Did you use a special angel/empire adapter? and if so, where did you get it?
    I'm using center-feed emag bodies. So it's just a chopped stovepipe.
    I know somebody made adapters for ULE bodies to use Empire feednecks, but don't remember who.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I know somebody made adapters for ULE bodies to use Empire feednecks, but don't remember who.
    Yup here is the guy. Just doesn't seem to have any left or rather doesn't react to inquiries about it...

Cool

I guess everyone is building pistols these days!

so does it take all three 12'ies to empty those 2 spring feeds?

But seriously, how many trigger pulls do you get off a 12gram?

After devolumizing the dump chambers, I get 12-14 trigger pulls off a single 12 gram!

dual mags are too easy.
    try something new.

That's cool. Concidering I just got Into mags a few months ago and wanted to try to build something I haven't seen yet, thanks for the support brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins1290 View Post
    That's cool. Concidering I just got Into mags a few months ago and wanted to try to build something I haven't seen yet, thanks for the support brother.
    lol didn't mean it that way.
    just pushing to see more.

since it takes me on average 4 years to get my new projects out. lol
    I like it.
    if you need that dual mag lightened up hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    lol didn't mean it that way.
    just pushing to see more.

since it takes me on average 4 years to get my new projects out. lol
    I like it.
    if you need that dual mag lightened up hit me up.
    Might need to haha weighs a metric **** ton

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins1290 View Post
    Might need to haha weighs a metric **** ton
    I have it already caded up.
    may need to change it a bit, but that's easy now,
    its amazing how my new job, has excelled my cad skill,
    im not an expert but damn do I have some experts a phone call away.
    5 mins and they build me what I need, and if they cant, they walk me through it in 10 mins.

just goes to show how simple and perfect mags are.

I have it already caded up.
    may need to change it a bit, but that's easy now,
    its amazing how my new job, has excelled my cad skill,
    im not an expert but damn do I have some experts a phone call away.
    5 mins and they build me what I need, and if they cant, they walk me through it in 10 mins.

just goes to show how simple and perfect mags are.
    Wish I had those tools at my disposal!

that's why I went to school for something I love.
    it has yet to disappoint.
    and finding away to may much money is never a bad way to go.... I don't make much at my job.

that's why I went to school for something I love.
    it has yet to disappoint.
    and finding away to may much money is never a bad way to go.... I don't make much at my job.
    Having a job you love will
    Never replace a job that pays well, I
    Chose to work with high
    Voltage haha can't really relate that to paintball